RIP Spock

securitybreach

securitybreach
Leonard Nimoy, whose portrayal of "Star Trek's" logic-driven, half-human science officer Spock made him an iconic figure to generations, died Friday. He was 83.

The Los Angeles Times and New York Times confirmed his death with his wife, Susan Bay Nimoy.

The cause of death was chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, she told the New York Times.

Nimoy's career in show business spanned more than six decades and included stints as a stage actor, television guest star, series regular and movie veteran. He also directed a handful of films, including the box-office hit "Three Men and a Baby" in 1987. He was a singer (of sorts), a published poet and an accomplished photographer.

But his lasting claim to fame remains Spock, a native of the planet Vulcan whose pointed ears, unemotional manner and frequently uttered "fascinating" endeared him to millions.

He felt a close connection to the character.........

UnDkYyZ.png

http://www.cnn.com/2...pock/index.html

• Like 2

I learned from a friend today: "Spock's Vulcan salute ("Live long and prosper") became a recognized symbol of Star Trek and was identified with him. Nimoy created the sign himself from his childhood memories of the way the kohanim (descendents of the Jewish priestly tribe) hold their hands when blessing the Congregation.". As told by Leonard Nemoy:

Last Tweet by @TheRealNimoy at https://twitter.com/...762773204217857

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP
  • Like 3

And yet still one more. He could read the phone book and keep my attention. Wonderful talented man. May he rest in peace.

Y2k Family Survival Guide With Leonard Nimoy

• Like 3

That Vulcan hand thing is a recognised sign among our Hebrew brothers.

I listened to an hour long tribute on RTE about Leonard Nemoy . "Fascinating"

Live long and prosper ..

V.T. Eric Layton

You think that now. You won't when you're 83. I'm sure Leonard would have loved to had good health and lived on till 93+.

It is what it is. Few people actually want to die, regardless of the poop they feed you about that when you ask them. If heaven was so wonderful, people would be dying in hordes to get there.

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton
  • Like 1

Heaven you can keep. Must be sooooo crowded in there . Just let me loose on the wide open universe. I just want to keep on exploring .

• Like 1

it boggles the mind that many from the original star trek are gone.

i remember all of them as being young - yet, they've aged and died.

i suppose we're next.

They just started a run of the original Star Trek from episode one on tv over here. :clap:

• Like 1