Photo

The Wonderful World of Tech Support

23 May 2019

Posted by raymac46 in Security & Networking
For some time now I have hosted my photos on my WordPress installation at my Web hosting supplier. I just upload the photo jpg from my PC - the size is usually about 3 MB. Suddenly last week all my uploads started to fail. If the file size was under 1 MB fine - but larger than that gave an HTTP error.
So I put in a ticket with Webserve. They increased the max file size up to 1 GB but it was still failing. The matter got escalated up to their top tech support guy who worked on it for a day. The only way we could get it to work was to totally bypass my Cloudflare setup. Then it worked.
We thought the problem was with Cloudflare so I raised another support ticket with them. I had to make a bunch of HAR files which apparently show what's happening with browser uploads. Cloudflare's support tech thought it was a problem with Imunify360 - a web server security app. So I'm back with Webserve again.
They think they have figured it out now, although it still isn't working right, Webserve has to get the Imunify360 developers to patch the app I guess.
Nice to know when I have a problem it's a doozy.

131 Views · 5 Replies ( Last reply by securitybreach )

Photo

Microsoft Cumulative Update Released for Windows 8.1 & 7 SP1

23 May 2019

Posted by Corrine in Security & Networking
Microsoft has released a cumulative update for both Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1. The update for both operating system includes improvements and fixes with no new operating system features introduced. There is, however, a known issue for both operating systems for users of Mcfee:

Microsoft and McAfee have identified an issue on devices with McAfee Endpoint Security (ENS) Threat Prevention 10.x or McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention (Host IPS) 8.0 or McAfee VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) 8.8 installed. It may cause the system to have slow startup or become unresponsive at restart after installing this update.

Windows 8.1:  See KB4499182 for the list of improvements and fixes as well as the various know issues and accompanying workarounds.  To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.

Windows 7:  See KB4499178 for the list of improvements and fixes as well as the various know issues and accompanying workarounds.  As indicated previously, starting with 4493472 Monthly Rollup updates will no longer include PciClearStaleCache.exe. This installation utility addressees inconsistencies in the internal PCI cache. This can cause the symptoms documented in the KB article.

If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.  To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.

89 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

Firefox CSP Issue may cause extension conflicts

23 May 2019

Posted by Corrine in Social Media
From Firefox CSP Issue may cause extension conflicts - gHacks Tech News:

Mozilla Firefox has an issue right now that is causing conflicts if multiple extensions are installed that modify CSP headers on visited sites.

CSP, which stands for Content Security Policy, is a security addition that sites may use to detect and mitigate certain attack types such as Cross Site Scripting or data injections.

Browser extensions may use CSP injection to modify headers. The popular content blocker uBlock Origin may use it to block remote fonts from loading on pages visited in the browser, and Canvas Blocker uses it to block data URL pages.

The referenced article includes a link that ghacks maintains of extensions known to use CSP.  In addition to uBlock Origin, the list includes popular extensions including HTTPS Everywhere and others.

If you use uBlock Origin on Firefox and are experiencing issues, try the following solution for uBlock Origin:  
  • Tools > Add-ons > Extensions > uBlock Origin
  • Dashboard > Settings > UNcheck "Block remote fonts" under Default Behavior.

108 Views · 1 Replies ( Last reply by zlim )

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

1 members, 83 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Google, Bing, raymac46

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS