543 replies to this topic

#526 OFFLINE   Bruno

Bruno

Le Professeur Pingouin

• Admin Emeritus
  • 37,904 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:33 PM

Okay . . here we goFirst some prep work:
$ su<password ># rm -rf /mnt/hda7# rm -rf /mnt/hda9# mkdir /mnt/pclos# mkdir /mnt/mepis
Now here is the part to print out and stick on the monitor . . because you need it evey time you want to access the PCLos or Mepis partition . . . ( Note you have to be root to copy things from there to Mandrake )------------------------------- PRINT THIS ------------------------------------To mount the Mepis partition:
# mount /dev/hda7 /mnt/mepis# ls /mnt/mepis
Example you want to copy a file from /nome/kamicota in Mepis to /home/kamicota in Drake:
# cp -rp /mnt/mepis/home/kamicota/filename.txt  /home/kamicota
( With cp -rp you can also copy full directories over from one partition to another :huh: )VERY IMPORTANT: After you are ready . . umount the partition:
# umount /mnt/mepis
Same for PCLos:
# mount /dev/hda9 /mnt/pclos# ls /mnt/pclos
And for umounting:
# umount /mnt/pclos
----------------------------------/PRINT THIS ------------------------------------That should do the trick Colin !!  . . . So do not forget to umount the partitions you mounted when you are ready with them !!B) Bruno

#527 OFFLINE   kamicota

kamicota

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:36 PM

[kamicota@localhost kamicota]$ suPassword:[root@localhost kamicota]#  ls /mntcdrom/  floppy/  hda7/  hda9/  win_c/[root@localhost kamicota]# mount/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part5 on / type ext3 (rw)none on /proc type proc (rw)none on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)none on /dev type devfs (rw)none on /sys type sysfs (rw)none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,mode=0620)none on /mnt/floppy type supermount (rw,sync,dev=/dev/fd0,fs=ext2:vfat,--,umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850)/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 on /mnt/win_c type vfat (rw,umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850)[root@localhost kamicota]#  rm -rf /mnt/hda7[root@localhost kamicota]#  rm -rf /mnt/hda9[root@localhost kamicota]#  mkdir /mnt/pclos[root@localhost kamicota]# mkdir /mnt/mepis[root@localhost kamicota]#Did the first "BOX" of commandsDo I ContinueColin  :huh:
Registered Linux User: # 440412
Kamicotas Homepage
Posted Image

#528 OFFLINE   Bruno

Bruno

Le Professeur Pingouin

• Admin Emeritus
  • 37,904 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:40 PM

That was the prep work Colin . . . all is in position now for the part you PRINT out, and only do whenever you need to access the other partition . . . . You can do a test now to see if it works, just do this part then:
# mount /dev/hda7 /mnt/mepis# ls /mnt/mepis# umount /mnt/mepis# mount /dev/hda9 /mnt/pclos# ls /mnt/pclos# umount /mnt/pclos
:huh: Bruno

#529 OFFLINE   kamicota

kamicota

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:43 PM

[kamicota@localhost kamicota]$ suPassword:[root@localhost kamicota]#  mount /dev/hda7 /mnt/mepis[root@localhost kamicota]#  ls /mnt/mepisbin/   dev/  home/  lost+found/  opt/   root/  sys/  usr/boot/  etc/  lib/   mnt/         proc/  sbin/  tmp/  var/[root@localhost kamicota]# umount /mnt/mepis[root@localhost kamicota]# mount /dev/hda9 /mnt/pclos[root@localhost kamicota]# ls /mnt/pclosbin/   dev/  halt   initrd/  mnt/  proc/  sbin/  tmp/  var/boot/  etc/  home/  lib/     opt/  root/  swap/  usr/[root@localhost kamicota]#  umount /mnt/pclos[root@localhost kamicota]#Colin
Kamicotas Homepage
Posted Image

#530 OFFLINE   Bruno

Bruno

Le Professeur Pingouin

• Admin Emeritus
  • 37,904 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:50 PM

See . . It works !!! :huh: :DNow let me explain why you do not want to keep those partitions mounted all the time: If ever, we hope not, something goes terribly wrong on the Mandrake partition . . it will not affect the PCLos and Mepis partitions . . . . so we always will have a distro that works. Because if all is mounted all the time, in a worst case scenario you could loose ALL your installs in one blow !! :DGood, I think we did the list for today . . any more wishes Colin ??B) Bruno

#531 OFFLINE   kamicota

kamicota

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:55 PM

BrunoI don't know if you are the "Leprachaun or Merlin" with those WISHES   B)  No nothing more though and YES that was my concern bruno to have at least one Linux Distro running. So much so I think I am going to do most of my graphics in MDK and probably keep my Email separtate on PCLos. Mepis I haven't decided what to specialize with in there yetPrinting I will see what happens there   But are these mepis and PCLos partions mounted or unmounted don't want to leave them mountedCos' it's time to copy/paste and print all this outcolin  :huh:
Kamicotas Homepage
Posted Image

#532 OFFLINE   Bruno

Bruno

Le Professeur Pingouin

• Admin Emeritus
  • 37,904 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:57 PM

As for now PCLos and Mepis are NOT mounted Colin . . . We did umount them both after mounting them and looking around ;)So all you ever need to do . . . .To mount the Mepis partition:
# mount /dev/hda7 /mnt/mepis# ls /mnt/mepis
Example you want to copy a file from /nome/kamicota in Mepis to /home/kamicota in Drake:
# cp -rp /mnt/mepis/home/kamicota/filename.txt  /home/kamicota
( With cp -rp you can also copy full directories over from one partition to another :huh: )VERY IMPORTANT: After you are ready . . umount the partition:
# umount /mnt/mepis
Same for PCLos:
# mount /dev/hda9 /mnt/pclos# ls /mnt/pclos
And for umounting:
# umount /mnt/pclos
B) Bruno

#533 OFFLINE   kamicota

kamicota

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:00 PM

Phew Thats a relief  :huh:  BrunoOnce the printing is done may even visit--->>>http://www.yolinux.com/And see what else is out there. Wonder where that site came from   :P  :P  :P Cheers for Yearsand thanks again   B)  B)  :thumbsup: Colin  :D
Kamicotas Homepage
Posted Image

#534 OFFLINE   Bruno

Bruno

Le Professeur Pingouin

• Admin Emeritus
  • 37,904 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:04 PM

Colin . . . set up the printers in the MCC . . there is a wizard for it . . and Mandrake will have support for both printers ;)And make me a list for the lessons for tomorrow . . . school is closed now B) B) :thumbsup: ( Go and do your "homework" :huh: ):P Bruno

#535 OFFLINE   teacher

teacher

Acute Mac

• Honorary Moderators
  • 13,854 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:06 PM

Way to go.  It looks like school was a success again today!Julia :huh:
Teacher
Beach Bum Extraordinaire

#536 OFFLINE   kamicota

kamicota

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:07 PM

Both printers are set upI know I have printed with Epson c64 in MDK but have not tried the canon i560 (not supported) it is a raw printer generic driver so we will have to see about it later.The only last quickie where do I look to see how much free space I have on MDK 10 hda 5 as I have tried several places and no luck yet  B) Colin  :huh:
Kamicotas Homepage
Posted Image

#537 OFFLINE   kamicota

kamicota

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:09 PM

Yeah Julia  B) It sure was a "Happy Memories" school day and on a Monday too hu  :thumbsup: Colin is still  :P  :P  :P  B)  :huh:  and raring to go
Kamicotas Homepage
Posted Image

#538 OFFLINE   Bruno

Bruno

Le Professeur Pingouin

• Admin Emeritus
  • 37,904 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:09 PM

Colin:
# df -h
:huh: Zzzzzzzruno

#539 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:10 PM

Colin,
df -h
Will show you the percentage of space used on your partitions.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#540 OFFLINE   Bruno

Bruno

Le Professeur Pingouin

• Admin Emeritus
  • 37,904 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:11 PM

LOL . . too late Adam !! :PB) Bruno

#541 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:12 PM

Heheehe....I think we clicked at the same time........ my connection at work here is very slow!  :huh:  B)  B)
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#542 OFFLINE   kamicota

kamicota

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:13 PM

Great BrunoAnd it even gave me Drive CEnjoy those WELL EARNED ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz'sColin   :huh:  B)  B)  Mr  :thumbsup:  Bruno
Kamicotas Homepage
Posted Image

#543 OFFLINE   Bruno

Bruno

Le Professeur Pingouin

• Admin Emeritus
  • 37,904 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 02:10 PM

Hi ColinJust an additional remark on the "Gimp Data-Extras" we could not find yesterday: You already have them installed :devil: . . They came with the extra "individual packages" I told you to get during the install of Drake 10.0 . . . :thumbsup: ( see note at screenshot 9 ):devil: Bruno

#544 OFFLINE   kamicota

kamicota

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 02:28 PM

OOPs  :devil: Of course Bruno Boy I have a goo but SHORT  :devil:  memory Hu???Thankx   :thumbsup:  Colin
Kamicotas Homepage
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users