By the Way...

V.T. Eric Layton

Edge or End  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

V.T. Eric Layton

If you were aiming to name this area in honor of the Adams' Hitchhiker's series, it's actually...

...the END of the Universe, not the edge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Restauran...of_the_Universe

Just a technicality. We anal folks must point these things out or we'll die. ;)

(Edit Note: Poll edited per http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.ph...st&p=343085 )

Edited by Corrine
Updated poll. See Edit Note.

Guest LilBambi

OK, If I am able to add a poll on someone else's topic, you will see a poll to decide whether we should keep the name of The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe, or change it to End of the Universe.

Vote now :whistling:

Either name works for me so voted "Don't care"

V.T. Eric Layton

Oh, I don't really give an at's rass. We could have called it "The Last House At the End of Road" for all I care.

Hey! I'm thirsty. Didn't there used to be a Water Cooler 'round here somewhere?

Pssst, feeling better, Fran? :yes:

V.T. Eric Layton

Ah! But if you read the books, you may remember that "end" is referring to the end of time, not a distance measurement. I don't think you can get to the "edge" of time. ;)

I see more sense in using "end" in the title, but I voted null. I figure what you guys come up with is fine by me. :)

Guest LilBambi

Yes, so folks realize what we were trying to emulate here....end would make more sense I guess...I voted don't care but would be very happy to go either way with it.

Although I voted "don't care", I really think it should stay edge. The reason for the renaming was based on this:

I think you really ought to tell them all the truth. You can call this place the Tiki Lounge but this is really The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe. This surely is the outermost edge.

Guest LilBambi
Although I voted "don't care", I really think it should stay edge. The reason for the renaming was based on this:

I think you really ought to tell them all the truth. You can call this place the Tiki Lounge but this is really The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe. This surely is the outermost edge.

Agreed! I voted don't care too, but you are right Corrine! IMHO! I change my vote to Keep it as it is!

So when you read the vote, deduct 2 from 'don't care' and add them to Edge of the Universe (keeping it as it is). :thumbsup:

Sadly, I think the writer for that particular episode is crazier than the SOPA/PIPA bills.......

I remember reading about him somewhere, but can't recall where.

Adam

Agreed! I voted don't care too, but you are right Corrine! IMHO! I change my vote to Keep it as it is!

So when you read the vote, deduct 2 from 'don't care' and add them to Edge of the Universe (keeping it as it is). :thumbsup:

Poll edited to reflect both our vote changes.

• 2 weeks later...
Cluttermagnet

I voted for "edge". It's more, ahhh, 'edgy'. :hysterical:

Also, I can better quote myself that way, from that original missive to Jeber.

Or quote Corrine quoting me... :whistling: :lol:

Edited by Cluttermagnet