• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#126 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:20 AM

ArchStrike – Turn your Arch Linux as Ethical hacking distribution (2016)

Today, let me introduce ArchStrike, an Arch Linux repository for security professionals and enthusiasts who use Arch Linux as their base OS. It is specially optimized for i686, x86_64, ARMv6, and ARMv7 architectures. Unlike other security oriented Linux distributions like BlackArch and Kali Linux, ArchStrike doesn’t come as a standalone Linux distribution. It is a repository that has plethora of security and penetration tools. Simply put, It is security a penetration testing and security layer on top of Arch Linux, and is carefully crafted for learning Ethical hacking. However, the developers are working on an ISO to be released soon.

ArchStrike is formerly known as ArchAssault, and then renamed to ArchStrike lately.

Arch strike hone site,

https://archstrike.org/

The Archstrike site has a excellent wiki section dealing with package building for Arch.

https://archstrike.o...uting/pkgbuild

Enjoy

:breakfast:

Edited by abarbarian, 25 August 2017 - 09:21 AM.

Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#127 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,105 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:51 AM

Neat! I wonder how different this is from BlackArch and can you simply add their repos to vanilla archlinux? BlackArch simply made a repo for various security AUR packages.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#128 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:57 AM

View Postsecuritybreach, on 25 August 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

Neat! I wonder how different this is from BlackArch and can you simply add their repos to vanilla archlinux? BlackArch simply made a repo for various security AUR packages.

ArchStrike doesn’t come as a standalone Linux distribution. It is a repository that has plethora of security and penetration tools.

As to how simple it is to add their repo to a Arch install ,,,,,,well that depends on how clever you are and your definition of simple :Muahaha:
Install ARCH

#129 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,105 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:12 AM

View Postabarbarian, on 25 August 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

View Postsecuritybreach, on 25 August 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

ArchStrike doesn’t come as a standalone Linux distribution. It is a repository that has plethora of security and penetration tools.

As to how simple it is to add their repo to a Arch install ,,,,,,well that depends on how clever you are and your definition of simple :Muahaha:

Well opening up /etc/pacman.conf with a text editor and adding the entry at the bottom is pretty simple thing to do. Then run pacman -Syy. That's it.

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#130 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:01 AM

Installing Arch Linux Using Revenge Graphical Installer (2017)

Installing Arch Linux is not a piece of cake for everyone, especially for the newbies. Well, not anymore. We have already posted a guide about Arch Anywhere. It is a simple, easy-to-follow graphical installer script that allows you to install a fully functional, custom Arch Linux system with graphical desktop environment and extra software without much hassle. Like Arch Anywhere, there is another installer script is available on the market. Meet Revenge installer, an yet another graphical installer that helps you to easily install Arch Linux with GUI and other useful softwares. I don’t know why the developer has chosen this name. It seems a weird name for a Linux distribution. But this script just worked fine and does exactly what it says.

I must say I have not tried out this REVENGE as it does not at this moment support UEFI. However unlike other installers it does give you some control over what is installed. For instance you can install yaourt or not install it.
The WM/DE section is disappointing in that there is no mention of Window Maker but there looks to be a good choice of programs in the various program sections.
One major plus for this installer is the fact that you can choose from four kernels. You also are asked if you want to install VirtualBox utilities.

All in all apart from the usage of  "newbies" in the article this seems to be a very useful tool for new users to get up and running with Arch if using older hardware.

Betty – The Siri-like Commandline Virtual Assistant For Linux

Want to use your pc just with your voice like they do in the movies ? Well now you can command your Arch without lifting a finger.

Betty is somewhat similar to Apple’s Siri personal assistant or Google Voice Search feature. It is a friendly English-like interface for your command line that translates English-like phrases into Linux commands. You don’t need to google your question or don’t even need to refer the man pages. Just ask your questions in simple English sentences, and Betty will instantly do what you just said. In this brief tutorial, I will show you how to install and use Betty in Linux.
HAL open the pod doors :Laughing:

Edited by abarbarian, 10 September 2017 - 12:58 PM.

Install ARCH

#131 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,105 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

View Postabarbarian, on 10 September 2017 - 09:01 AM, said:

Installing Arch Linux Using Revenge Graphical Installer (2017)

I must say I have not tried out this REVENGE as it does not at this moment support UEFI. However unlike other installers it does give you some control over what is installed. For instance you can install yaourt or not install it.
The WM/DE section is disappointing in that there is no mention of Window Maker but there looks to be a good choice of programs in the various program sections.
One major plus for this installer is the fact that you can choose from four kernels. You also are asked if you want to install VirtualBox utilities.

I have tried to use the revenge installer a couple of times but it never installs correctly using LUKS encryption. Well the bootloader does not point to the correct partition label which is a pain to fix later on. In Revenge's defense, this happens on most all of the 3rd party installers for archlinux (arch-anywhere, evolution, archlabs, feliz, etc.). I think it is a bug with the installer that they all use (I can't think of the name of it right now).

View Postabarbarian, on 10 September 2017 - 09:01 AM, said:

Betty – The Siri-like Commandline Virtual Assistant For Linux

Want to use your pc just with your voice like they do in the movies ? Well now you can command your Arch without lifting a finger.

Betty is somewhat similar to Apple’s Siri personal assistant or Google Voice Search feature. It is a friendly English-like interface for your command line that translates English-like phrases into Linux commands. You don’t need to google your question or don’t even need to refer the man pages. Just ask your questions in simple English sentences, and Betty will instantly do what you just said. In this brief tutorial, I will show you how to install and use Betty in Linux.
HAL open the bay doors :Laughing:

That is pretty interesting, I will have to check that one out. Thanks B)

#132 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,105 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

BTW Betty is in the AUR repo. So instead of cloning the github repo, you can simply install it from the AUR.

pacaur -S betty

#133 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:06 PM

View Postsecuritybreach, on 10 September 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

BTW Betty is in the AUR repo. So instead of cloning the github repo, you can simply install it from the AUR.

pacaur -S betty

Yeah I picked up that it was in the AUR, it is not being developed but is useable apparently.

I looked at the git hub page and there is a link to this xkdc cartoon so the developer had a sense of humour.

Posted Image

I also had a look at the iTunes module and wondered if you replaced "iTunes" with say QuodLibet or xmms or some other music player would the module still work ? Be nice if it did, would also be nice if you could raise and lower volume, I doubt I could expand the script to do that at the moment but it should be fairly easy to do.

Just noticed there is a module for  cmus-remote shell music player so it should be fairly straight forward to use re-write a module for another player.

I like the idea of using voice for some simple tasks it appeals to my lazy outlook. :laugh:

The Revenge installer might be Calamares. Does Revenge work for non LUKS installs ? I do not have a working backup pc at the moment to try it out on as I have donated my old ssd I used in it to my sisters latest build.

:breakfast:
Install ARCH

#134 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,105 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:10 PM

View Postabarbarian, on 10 September 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

The Revenge installer might be Calamares. Does Revenge work for non LUKS installs ? I do not have a working backup pc at the moment to try it out on as I have donated my old ssd I used in it to my sisters latest build.

That's the one I was trying to think of, Calamares..

#135 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,105 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:18 PM

View Postabarbarian, on 10 September 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

The Revenge installer might be Calamares. Does Revenge work for non LUKS installs ? I do not have a working backup pc at the moment to try it out on as I have donated my old ssd I used in it to my sisters latest build

I do not know as I always encrypt..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arch, linux

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users