172 replies to this topic

#151 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,172 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:17 PM

Quite a few changes...

I got a new desk because I was tired of particleboard desks falling apart after a year or so I went all out and bought a 72" steel, modular training/work table. The thing is a beast but I will not have to worry about it falling apart either.

I also added a new (to me) beast of a server (dual xeons with 96gb of ram) which I have running headless with a few Qemu/KVM VMs running. I still haven't decided what I am going to do with it yet thought. Then there are two other laptops shown..well a laptop and a mobile workstation as that one weight almost 8lbs (i7 with 32gb of ram) and the 5th monitor shown is attached to the mobile workstation. I have another netbook and a few tablets along with another desktop not shown on this shot.

Posted Image

http://i.imgur.com/AXdjF8E.jpg
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#152 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:25 PM

Table does look very sturdy--seems like a good idea.
Registered Linux User 344759

#153 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,172 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:28 PM

View Postebrke, on 21 November 2016 - 06:25 PM, said:

Table does look very sturdy--seems like a good idea.

Here it is, if you interested:

https://www.amazon.c...t/dp/B00RB8JH26

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#154 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,172 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:30 PM

I wouldn't take it apart but its made to put together easily for office environments. It took maybe 3 minutes to assembly it. No tools required and the hinges are molded into the steel so it just locks in place.

#155 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,257 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:40 PM

What a geek. ;)

#156 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,172 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:51 PM

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on 22 November 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

What a geek. ;)

I try B)

#157 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:44 PM

How can we be sure you are not *The Fly* You must have multi pupil-ed eyes to run that array . :worthy:
Linux counter no . 393441

#158 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,172 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:46 PM

View PostCapt.Crow, on 22 November 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

How can we be sure you are not *The Fly* You must have multi pupil-ed eyes to run that array . :worthy:

It's easier than you think..... B)

#159 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:17 AM

Just  moved home but managed to find time to set up a get me bye internet/gaming corner.

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see I need a real chair. :breakfast:
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#160 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,257 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:48 PM

It's tough to keep the cat hair off the equipment. I fully understand the draped clothes over everything. ;)

#161 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

Gizza clue . Could that be Kitchener on the T.shirt
Linux counter no . 393441

#162 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:13 AM

View PostCapt.Crow, on 17 January 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

Gizza clue . Could that be Kitchener on the T.shirt

Enlarge the picture by clicking on it and all will be revealed if you are a true follower. Posted Image
Install ARCH

#163 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:18 AM

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on 17 January 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

It's tough to keep the cat hair off the equipment. I fully understand the draped clothes over everything. ;)

Monitor covers were used cos of dust from the wood burner at the old place. An I will get around to making a case for me super pc someday. Bit busy at the moment though Posted Image
Install ARCH

#164 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:42 PM

View PostCapt.Crow, on 22 November 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

Ger away wit yus his set up is for newcomers. This is what a real Arch user uses,

Arch Linux Hydra Build

For a long time now I’ve been wanting to build my ideal computer. A powerful Linux machine with surrounding monitors. Recently I had the opportunity to do so. The following is a time lapse video of the entire build as well as the configuration files and list of components and where to buy them. This way, if anyone else wants to construct either the same or something along the same lines, they’ll have some footsteps to follow if they need the help.

He even gives step by step help, so if Josh can follow them he will get to play with the big boys :Laughing:  :harhar:  :Laughing:
Install ARCH

#165 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,172 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

View Postabarbarian, on 24 January 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

He even gives step by step help, so if Josh can follow them he will get to play with the big boys :Laughing:  :harhar:  :Laughing:

Eh, he has 3 more monitors than I do but my systems are more impressive than his.. besides he has a bigger SSD than I do but I have way more storage altogether than he does.

#166 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:48 PM

View Postsecuritybreach, on 24 January 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Eh, he has 3 more monitors than I do but my systems are more impressive than his.. Well he has a bigger SSD but I have more storage altogether.

I wus jus winding you up mate. :tease:
Install ARCH

#167 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,172 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:50 PM

View Postabarbarian, on 24 January 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

View Postsecuritybreach, on 24 January 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Eh, he has 3 more monitors than I do but my systems are more impressive than his.. Well he has a bigger SSD but I have more storage altogether.

I wus jus winding you up mate. :tease:

Oh, I knew... B)

#168 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,257 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:14 PM

I'd hate to be paying your electric bill, Josh. ;)

#169 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,172 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:23 PM

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on 24 January 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

I'd hate to be paying your electric bill, Josh. ;)

Honestly its not bad at all. You have to remember all of the newer hardware, especially monitors, are energy efficient.

#170 OFFLINE   Dr. J

Dr. J

Message Mogul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:07 AM

Ger away wit yus his set up is for newcomers. This is what a real Arch user uses,

Impressive, but there is another kind of Arch user with an entirely different kind of setup :teehee:  ...

Posted Image

Posted Image
/usr/bin/drinking
~/hungover

#171 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,172 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:35 AM

View PostDr. J, on 26 January 2017 - 08:07 AM, said:

Impressive, but there is another kind of Arch user with an entirely different kind of setup :teehee:  ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice :thumbsup:

#172 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:42 AM

View PostDr. J, on 26 January 2017 - 08:07 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A stand up user indeed and they are Guinness drinkers by the look of it. :Hammys_pint:
Install ARCH

#173 OFFLINE   Dr. J

Dr. J

Message Mogul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:18 AM

View Postabarbarian, on 27 January 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

A stand up user indeed and they are Guinness drinkers by the look of it. :Hammys_pint:

Well, it's always either a lovely day for a Guinness, or a lovely day for a great big Guinness mug of tea :yes:
/usr/bin/drinking
~/hungover

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users