• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,513 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

Apple offers free Snow Leopard to help migrate MobileMe users to iCloud - Arstechnica

Apple is offering current MobileMe users still running older versions of OS X a free upgrade to Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) in order to encourage them to migrate to iCloud. According to an e-mail seen by Macgasm that was sent to MobileMe users who have not yet migrated, those users can request a free Snow Leopard DVD, which will be sent in the mail for free.

Why a free update to Snow Leopard, which was superseded by Lion (10.7) last October? After all, to use iCloud on a Mac, you need Lion. But in order to upgrade to Lion, you need the Mac App Store, and to run the Mac App Store, you need Snow Leopard.

Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#2 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,534 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

"Apple offers ... iClou" i love how the bbs limits title length!

so, i'm thinking, pink panther, iclouseau.
that would be hi-larious, inspector clouseau (iclouseau) on your mac. :D
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: icloud, mobileme, snow leopard, apple, os x, macos, arstechnica, lion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users