Full version of Opera - FREE!!

epp_b

I thought you meant it was the ad-supported version
Nope, that's why I said "full version".BTW, I don't plan on installing it today. I assume the key is good for any time I wish to install it?

Nope, that's why I said "full version".BTW, I don't plan on installing it today.  I assume the key is good for any time I wish to install it?

Well, yeah :unsure: But even after going to the site, it said FREE, or something similar...and I still thought it was the ad-supported version, until I saw the link at the bottom.I'd imagine that the code lasts for longer than one day, you just have to get it today, which you clearly already have. Of course, I'm speculating :hysterical:

James M. Fisher

I was wondering how that key works? Is it just the same key they are giving out, over & over? Otherwise, the 'Net would be flooded with keys for the next 300 years.Maybe they are considering going the 'donation-ware' route with IE7 looming.... :unsure:

Cool. I got 2 reg codes, just in case, and they are different. Even though it asks for an email address it doesn't email the code to you - the reg code might be coded to the address you enter so make sure you remember if you give them a throwaway address.

Edited by Webb

I saw the same thread over at the Fatwallet forums and decided to try it out to see what the hype was.It does seem to be faster than both IE and FF but it doesn't support Roboform - which for me is a major deal breaker. Between IE & FF, that gives me enough of a choice so I really don't see myself using Opera if at all.

I have FF, NS, and IE (some sites seem to require IE and that is all I use it for.) What does Opera do better or instead of FF for instance?I did DL it and got a key, but have not installed it.Thanks,Jerry

I have FF, NS, and IE (some sites seem to require IE and that is all I use it for.)What does Opera do better or instead of FF for instance?I did DL it and got a key, but have not installed it.Thanks,Jerry

Some say it is faster than Firefox. I installed it and am playing around with it but Opera will never replace Firefox as my default browser. My advice would be to give it a shot, you can DL skins for it (themes) extensions..etc. It is a tad different than Firefox and the speed increase if any is negligible. But the price was right. :thumbsup:

Some say it is faster than Firefox. I installed it and am playing around with it but Opera will never replace Firefox as my default browser. My advice would be to give it a shot, you can DL skins for it (themes) extensions..etc. It is a tad different than Firefox and the speed increase if any is negligible. But the price was right. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Gary. I think I will do that, and I assume it is not hard to uninstall if I do not like it.Jerry

It is not like IE, just use the add remove programs section in the CP. I will keep it at least untill I tire of it or I start to like it better than Firefox but I doubt it as I have been using FF since it was called Phoenix.

Gary,Please let me/us know how you like it. Like most experimental software I won't get a chance to play with it until a good long weekend (like Labor Day) comes along.

Does anyone know how to relocate Opera's disc cache?Never mind... I found it. There is no option to move the disc cache folder but, this line can be added to opera6.ini in your profile.[user Prefs]Cache Directory4=path_to_desired_cache_location

Edited by RD1

So far I like it a lot, and I think better than FF or NS. I like the way it returns to the last sites when you start up. I had some problem trying to learn how to open multiple tabs, but when I did I like it.Is this version the same as the paid version?Thanks.Jerry

So far I like it a lot, and I think better than FF or NS. I like the way it returns to the last sites when you start up. I had some problem trying to learn how to open multiple tabs, but when I did I like it.Is this version the same as the paid version?Thanks.Jerry

Yes it is. B)

it lacks the adblock extension, I love that extension in Firefox otherwise I would use Opera more

I miss that as well but I still use and will always use Firefox as my default browser. Opera is neat to play around with, but IMHO it does not come close to Firefox.