My eyes!! this is not good IMHO...a modern text browser....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wa4chq

wa4chq

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 10:09 AM

ouch....I just saw while scanning TecMint....
" Browsh - A Modern Text Browser That Plays Videos And Everything".  I'm thinking the "everything" was a typo and should read "Browsh - A Modern Text Browser That Plays Videos And Makes Your Eyes Cross And Leaves You With A Headache!!!"
https://www.tecmint....wser-for-linux/

Posted Image
REGISTERED LINUX USER #547579

#2 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 10:45 AM

Yeah, I tried Browsh last year but wasn't a fan.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#3 OFFLINE   wa4chq

wa4chq

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 10:48 AM

When I was doing BasicLinux on my Toshiba, I had DRDos on the other part of the HD.....I used to use Arachne as my browser.  Supposedly they have a Linux version but I could never get it to work.
https://en.wikipedia...e_VESA_Mode.png
Arachne had way better graphics....  I would love to figure out how to get online with arachne using dosbox.....back in the day I was using a dialup modem but now that I'm using wifi I wouldn't know where to begin.  Seeing it again in dosbox just now gave me goose bumps!
UPDATE
I just found this:
https://forums.virtu...pic.php?t=63059

I think I'll just stick to the fond memories I have of running Arachne back in the day...

Edited by wa4chq, 19 August 2018 - 11:26 AM.

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:18 PM

View Postwa4chq, on 19 August 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

[...]
I think I'll just stick to the fond memories I have of running Arachne back in the day...
good call. never meet your heroes :)
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

#5 OFFLINE   wa4chq

wa4chq

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 01:53 PM

View Postcrp, on 19 August 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

View Postwa4chq, on 19 August 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

[...]
good call. never meet your heroes :)
good one!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users