US Govt dictates on roasting marshmallows

I don't have a complaint about the Forest Protection division putting out a blog post on how to safely roast marshmallows, especially as most of it deals with not being an idiot and potentially starting forest fires.

But I do mind that they put in as one of the safety features what the ingredients of a s'mores should be. Not their job or their purveyance.

They are not saying you can't put anything else on them. But they are giving you the 'standard' s'mores recipe that can be found anywhere online or off.

I don't think you read the whole thing and you stopped before the 'use fruit' safety directive.

1. the whole campfire / wildfire thing has caused me to never, ever light a fire in the wilderness. never. why? excuse me sir, that fire fighting effort was $10,000,000, will you be paying with cash or credit?

yeah, i would like for the local safety service to demand a bond of a $1000 from people who climb mountains , cave exploring and the like and expect the local safety service to rescue them if they get into trouble.

Guest LilBambi

I don't think you read the whole thing and you stopped before the 'use fruit' safety directive.

:hysterical:

Yep, should have waited till I had time to read the whole thing.

Nothing wrong with their suggestions EXCEPT calling the s'mores LOL!

I just bet the next thing will be a wilderness visiting license. Only issued after an expensive examination preceded by 40 expensive lessons in wanderlust craft .

Seriously though there have been some disastrous wild fires in the US lately . I would back anyone who works to make the wilderness safer unreservedly .