The streams crossed: Mixpanel shows iOS 7 adoption rate now surpasses

Guest LilBambi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest LilBambi

Even people who don't connect their computers have upgraded to iOS 7 with no issues.

However, I have had some oddities with iOS 7 since I upgraded.

Mail app crashes frequently

Some Apps crash more frequently than before

Sometimes the phone itself will lock up and I will have to restart it - (happens MUCH more than with iOS 6)

Some things that were expected with upgrading to iOS 7 on a 4S:

Battery time is greatly reduced - have to charge the phone much more frequently.

It may be beneficial to do a full backup, restore and restore from backup. I have found that upgrading in place does not seem to do as well as it could.

My sister has an iPhone 4, and she has said it is slower now.

If you are having battery issues, I would recommend at looking into background app refresh and see if you can shut some non-essentials off. That background refreshing wakes up the radio which would be a big factor in the reduction of battery life.

Adam

Guest LilBambi

Yes, believe it or not, I turn off wifi, bluetooth, and close apps (backgrounded) often, also went into background app refresh area in the settings to turn off all I didn't need to have on there too. I did that the first day I had it upgraded.

Even with all that, it is still not what it was before the upgrade. But I went in knowing that would be the case.

It's not bad, don't get me wrong. It's just no where near as good as it was with iOS 6.

Since I did the full upgrade via iTunes to 7.0.3, things have been MUCH more stable ... so far. It was 7.0.2 that was the problem, I think. It was not flaky when I first upgrade to iOS 7, but started to be after upgrading (full upgrade via iTunes that time too) to 7.0.2.

So I am happy. It is working great now. Let's hope it stays that way! :yes: