RIP, Steve Jobs

Corrine

Statement by Apple’s Board of Directors:
We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today.Steve’s brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve.His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts.

R.I.P. Steve, you will be missed.This is especially sad for me as I'm now old enough to see all the big names from the early years of computing starting to go. But Steve was still young and that makes it worse. I see pictures of all the vibrant young people from the 60's, 70's, and 80's now looking so much older and in some cases frail. It's kind of like a piece of yourself dies with each passing. My Computer self, Science Fiction self, Navy self, Doo Wop self, and a few other "selfs" are each dying a little bit at a time.

• 3 months later...
steve embodied "innovation," a word bandied about by every sluggish, dullard company on the planet.

i sadly predict apple will become non-innovative in 4 or 5 years, falling into the gray sludge that is the rest of the corporate world.

because of men like steve, personal computing was exciting!

his loss brought a sad day indeed.

This hurts. Hopefully Apple shall carry on as always. Steve was the Einstein of the computer world.

Acadia