3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Fuddster

Fuddster

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:34 PM

So a couple weeks ago I signed up for Mastodon, a decentralized Twitter-like social network. Since I've had a couple beers with dinner tonight, I think the best way to explain it would be to link to their explainer video:
https://youtu.be/IPSbNdBmWKE

It's not perfect, but the experience can be as large or small as you'd like. I joined an instance/server called Fosstodon, which, in my opinion, would be interesting to a lot of the folks here on Scot's Forums. The Fosstodon instance description is below:

Fosstodon is a Mastodon instance that is dedicated to Free & Open Source Software, or FOSS as many call it. Fosstodon is for people who are interested in open source technology and the awesome community around it. Whether that be Linux, open source software like Firefox, or Mastodon itself. If you're interested in technology, Fosstodon is a great place to start.

I know it might not be for everyone, but I just thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone might be interested.

By the way, I'm @fuddster over there. Look me up!
MAXIM 41: "Do you have a backup?" means " I can't fix this."

Posted Image

The Rute Cellar | Fuddster on Twitter

#2 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 24,027 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:55 PM

I signed up a long while back but didn't really like the interface. I may check it out again.

BTW I am @comhack
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#3 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 24,027 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:13 PM

Another longer review/overview of it:

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#4 OFFLINE   Fuddster

Fuddster

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:23 PM

View Postsecuritybreach, on 31 August 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

BTW I am @comhack

Just followed you. :thumbsup:
MAXIM 41: "Do you have a backup?" means " I can't fix this."

Posted Image