Configuring GKrellM & lm_sensors

pc-tecky

Ok, I want to see current readings for CPU temp and fan RPMs, etc.. I checked that GKrelllM and lm_sensors are installed (default?) on my PCLos installation. I was looking at them a little bit. What else is required to configure to do what I want?

Sweet. I hope that helps me out. Well, if anything, that pointed me in the right direction. Hmmm... dumb question, how do I know if the sensors module is built into the kernel or not?

Hi TeckyIn most modern distro's the modules are build in the kernel that comes as default with the install . . . . . only if you upgrade the kernel or take an experimental kernel this is not 100% sure. ( In that case just assume that they are and see how far you get :D ):thumbsup: Bruno

Sometimes it depends on the motherboard. My motherboard has a chip that isn't supported till the 2.6 kernel. Then it is only partially supported because Asus refuses to release the information on the chip. My motherboard doesn't use the ISA bus as some do for sensors.

Unfortunately 'LM_Sensors' will not work with my Asus motherboard either. Itried it in MDK 9.2 and MDK 10.0. As we go forward, maybe more of thesemanufacturers will release information about their products so that the opensource community can benefit. >_<

yea, the sensors don't work with my mother board either... or at least i can't get them to work lol. I'm not even sure that my mother board acutally has senors for it to monitor B)

The Asus P3V4X appears to have two different chips according to the manual. Whether they do the same thing is yet to be seen if they even work. I get the error, "Can't open /proc/bus/i2c?!? at /usr/sbin/sensors-detect line 3610, <STDIN> line3." So does this mean I don't have sensors available to me in Linux?? :thumbsup:

Well, TeckyAsus does not seem to be very cooperative . . . but in general if you get an error, it does not mean that there would not be another line where it does find something . . . . I would have need to see the full output of the sensors-detect command to tell you for sure . . . . :thumbsup: Bruno