5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Computerworld

Computerworld

High Highlander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,213 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:32 AM

Apple's "Handoff" -- one of the key new features of iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite -- will work only on newer Macs that support Bluetooth 4.0 and the Bluetooth LE (low energy) technology.

View the full article

#2 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

Apple's "Handoff" -- one of the key new features of iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite -- will work only on newer Macs that support Bluetooth 4.0 and the Bluetooth LE (low energy) technology, according to an Apple engineering manager.

While Apple didn't mention Handoff requirements when it unveiled the feature at its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) earlier this month, a developer-only session there made it clear that Bluetooth LE is necessary.

Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#3 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

Otherwise a significant hit on battery life with the older iOS devices, for sure. ;)

Adam
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

Message Mogul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:24 PM

Ugly. They have redesigned the dock, replacing the stunning icons with what looks like Windows Metro Icons. Unbelievable. The basic 1995 look is coming back to Apple too.

#5 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:16 AM

Yeah. Sad.

I'll get used to it, but like the ones on Microsoft's OSes, I won't like it. ;)
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#6 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

View PostRobert, on 23 June 2014 - 11:24 PM, said:

Ugly. They have redesigned the dock, replacing the stunning icons with what looks like Windows Metro Icons. Unbelievable. The basic 1995 look is coming back to Apple too.

The change from the icons in Mavericks are minimal. Granted, the icons are always tweaked a bit with each release. If you compare Snow Leopard to Mavericks, they are pretty different.

Adam
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users