Chrome is not supported for your version of Android

securitybreach

securitybreach

Fix for:

"Chrome is not supported for your version of Android. Version 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwitch) is the minimal supported version"

on custom Roms on unsupported devices , well for the HP Touchpad anyway as I have not tested it on my phone yet.

"Here is how I fixed it: Back up your build.prop, and find the line for ro.build.id and change the value to IML74K. Reboot. Enjoy new Chrome update.

I haven't found that the change breaks anything."

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=13

To do this, I used the application rootexplorer ($3.99) to edit the file although there are a few free file managers that can edit root files. This is a great one that I normally use as my file manager anyway: ES File Explorer

Use either app to open the build.prop file which is located in /system/build.prop. With RootExplorer, when you long press on the file a window will pop open with an option to edit the file and it will also automatically backup the original file when you save the file.

Related:

UPDATE: Further reports seem to indicate that the problem isn’t the ROM, but the actual device it’s running on. Devices with official versions of ICS such as the Nexus S or Galaxy Nexus can run Chrome no matter what ROM they have installed, but devices which don’t have an official version of ICS but are running it via a custom ROM are experiencing the following problem.

http://www.thepowerbase.com/2012/02/chrome...on-custom-roms/

The fix worked beautifully on my phone as well: HTC Inspire 4G running Android ICS Aospx(opensource version)