Dearest Friends, Students, Admirers of Bruno Knaapen...

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   L_P

L_P

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:35 PM

Sorry to hear of Bruno's illness and passing. He helped me long ago when I first started out in OpenSuse. I am also a cancer patient, so I understand the value of having choice and control over your own passing. God Bless Bruno and his family.

#52 OFFLINE   FuzzDuckie

FuzzDuckie

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

I apologize for bringing this thread back up again but wanted to say my condolences to Bruno's family and to all that knew him.I only recognize the name in passing from years past when I used to be a fair regular on these boards- I haven't been around very much in the last few years (Online Riddles took over my life).  I never could get into Linux so I don't have the fortune of gaining knowledge from his wisdom.May you rest in peace Bruno.It is never easy to lose a friend, real life or online.  Know that feeling all too well.

#53 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum MVP
  • 20,530 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:04 AM

Thank you for posting this. No need to apologize for reviving the thread. It had not been archived yet, so was still an active announcement post in the board main page.

#54 OFFLINE   atiustira

atiustira

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:46 PM

Bruno loved Bob Dylan music. As do I. He is a true legend. Helped me make my anti-virus be able to do live scans. And fixed the X server on my Mandrake. Back when they had Mandrake, and installing a font could break it. He passed on so much information on Linux while he was with us. And made every one feel welcome. No RFM. A true legend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users