A gentle introduction to Mr Spooky.

imgp51251.jpg

His/Her name is nothing to do with Halloween.

imgp51280.jpg

As I spend every other weekend away and use this travelling bag.

imgp51450.jpg

I think someone is trying to tell me something.

imgp51461.jpg

I know what you are thinking,"Oh what a sweet cat" you couldn't be further from the truth.

:breakfast:

Edited by abarbarian
  • Like 1

I thought Mr. Spooky had a strangely marked stomach until I realized it was part of the cushion that he was curled around. Looks like a handsome cat, although perhaps a little strong-minded.

V.T. Eric Layton

Mr. Spooky is just being a cat. My cats LOVE bags, boxes, tupperware containers, etc. Heck, they don't care. I have some pictures of two of mine trying to fit into the cut off bottoms of brown grocery bags. ;)

patchesprecioussilly.jpg

:hysterical:

• Like 1

I thought Mr. Spooky had a strangely marked stomach until I realized it was part of the cushion that he was curled around. Looks like a handsome cat, although perhaps a little strong-minded.

Ah ha that is not a corner of the cushion. That is a de-luxe catnip filled fluffy tailed mouse that Mr Spooky totally ignores. I placed it when he was half asleep to give some artistic content to the picture. :hysterical:

Eric yer cats are sweet.

• Like 2

Mr. Spooky is just being a cat. My cats LOVE bags, boxes, tupperware containers, etc. Heck, they don't care. I have some pictures of two of mine trying to fit into the cut off bottoms of brown grocery bags. ;)

My neighbors have a medium-sized, cut-down cardboard box on their dining room table--that's where their large, very plump male cat insists on sleeping unless they're actually using the table for a meal. It's funny--he kind of overflows all four sides of the box, but apparently he's very comfortable.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been building a porch for the last eighteen months with the aim of having somewhere to store wood for the fire close to hand so i do not have to go out in the elements to get fuel for the stove. I railed of a corner as shown below but in this picture it has no wood in it. Now Mr Spooky has decided that the porch is a good place to bring back mice that he has caught so that he can play with them in the dry.Now as you know cats throw mice up in the air as part of this play an Spooks is no exception.So one day I watched as he threw the latest victim in the air and it sailed through the air through the bars of the wood corner and disappeared into the wood pile.At this point the toy was still alive.

eUlesvwl.jpg

I made a small album of pictures to show what happened next,

http://imgur.com/a/ppEb5#0

It took poor old Spooks nearly an hour to find his lost toy but he is a tenacious little beasty and he finally found his toy. Here he is at the start of his quest,

PN4f6YJl.jpg

I would have shown you all what he did after finding his toy but this is a family friendly forum and I do not want to offend anyone's sensibilities. Suffice to say Spooks licked his lips after the final act. o:)

Edited by abarbarian
  • Like 1

Guest LilBambi

We appreciate that about not showing what he did after he found his toy. ;) I think we all have had the unpleasant vision at some time in our lives.

Great idea of a place to put the wood so you wouldn't have to go out into the elements.

Now as you know cats throw mice up in the air as part of this play an Spooks is no exception.

My mother once found a mouse floating in the toilet--we shared a very old two-family house and our cats not infrequently found mice, but she had the ground floor so her two cats got most of the mouse activity.

• Like 1

Last Spooky pictures for a while.

As you can see improvements have been made to Spooks living quarters. There is an experimental boxed sleeping arrangement,this stops the fleeces getting wet from condensation on the windows and provides protection from draughts.I'll make a more elegant wooden structure in time.I am thinking of making one with small windows(I have some neat squares of glass)in the sides and a roof, a sort of wooden cat cave.

imgp5208resized.jpg

Great effort has been made to provide a treats station and this is now well provisioned.An to add to the expense long term flea protection measures are in place.

imgp5209resized.jpg

True luxury for Spooks as he now has his own door into the porch as opposed to a hole cut in the wall.An even more loot has been spent stocking the cat kitchen.This is only half done as I need several more plastic water bottles,a shelf and the luxury cat food to fill them.Poor old Spooks has to make do with three types of food at the moment.Eventually he will have a daily choice of five different main courses plus treats of course.

imgp5210resized.jpg

I must be totally bonkers spending all that loot on Spooks as I have had no money from the gov since 8th Oct.Oh well at least Spooks will be well fed and housed.

I wonder if you can make a decent soup out of cat kibbles ??

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

That is an ongoing thing for cats. You will be suckered for as long as they deem you necessary to have around. Once they figure out how to turn up the thermostat on the heater, open cat food cans/bags, and use the flush toilet, your usefulness will have ceased.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
abarbarian

Mr Spooy in January this year.

Odb70qo.jpg

Click for bigger picture.

Edited by abarbarian
  • Like 3

• 8 months later...