Please Welcome New BATL Moderator, Sunrat!

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

The Staff of Scot's Newsletter Forums is proud to announce the appointment of sunrat to the position of moderator. sunrat has always been helpful and forthcoming with his knowledge and experience; following in the traditions started here by Bruno. We're happy to have him aboard. Join us in welcoming him to his new position here at Scot's. :)The Staff

Thank you all for your kind welcome.I promise to help and serve, and treat all members equally. Those who use Debian and KDE will be treated more equally than others, of course. :D

Thank you all for your kind welcome.I promise to help and serve, and treat all members equally. Those who use Debian and KDE will be treated more equally than others, of course. :lol:
That's only fair!

V.T. Eric Layton

abarbarian... you mean you WERE mod*, not that you were A mod. ;)*of or pertaining to a style of dress of the 1960s, typified by miniskirts, bell-bottom trousers, boots, and bright colors and patterns.

@abarbarian- oh man..you brought back memories, my ship pulled into Rosyth Scotland in 1979 and this young lass trying to explain to us Yanks asbout MODS, Skinheads.Bikers and a few others and their sub-cultures within each. Of course she kept calling us Yanks...and everyone of us was from the South..so we had to do some explaining ourselves.

Those who use Debian and KDE
Would that be pronounced "KAY-dee" or "kuh-DEE"?Just wishing to get our eminently qualified new moderator off on the right foot ;) . Actually, for years I thought it was "Dee Bee Inn", and only last year learned it was "Debbie Inn". So maybe my question about KDE isn't as stupid as it looks. So what does this KDE do, anyway? Is it like Firefox or something?

V.T. Eric Layton

I think maybe it's pronounced Kay-DUH. ;)And sunrat will tell you that Debian is pronouced APT-toe-Sid. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton
...must be time to start some more helter skelter installs.
Hmm... my hard drive is making funny noises. Gee... I hope my system's not crashing. I won't be around to help with Dale's insta............

abarbarian... you mean you WERE mod*, not that you were A mod. ;)*of or pertaining to a style of dress of the 1960s, typified by miniskirts, bell-bottom trousers, boots, and bright colors and patterns.
That 1960's fashion your on about is more reminiscent of the hippies. :thumbsup: An I really did mean that I was a MOD :harhar: http://imgur.com/SY9ol?fullSharp tailor made suits and Ben Sherman shirts Italian leather shoes and soul music. Think Brighton Rock or Quadrophenia. B)

So what does this KDE do, anyway? Is it like Firefox or something?
Yes. More like something.
And sunrat will tell you that Debian is pronouced APT-toe-Sid. w00t.gif
:harhar: :thumbsup: @abarbarian - so was that The Jam era? Vespa or Lambretta?Mods started out in the late 50s, but died out around 1966 when it became commercialized. The Who were the best known early mod band, but moved away from that style after a couple of years. 70s era had a mod revival, with The Jam being the main musical proponents, and then again in the 90s with bands like Ocean Colour Scene and The Verve. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod_%28subculture%29