Interactive CPU Chart @ Tom's Hardware

rbdietz

http://www23.tomshardware.com/index.html
Simply select the desired models and a benchmark, and the appropriate chart appears. The two CPUs are displayed in the diagrams as specially marked red bars. Shown at the very bottom is also some important additional information: the absolute and relative difference between the two models. If you click on any of the bars on the chart, a pop-up window appears with data about that particular test configuration we used.
Color highlighting added.Added this one to my bookmarks. B)

http://www23.tomshardware.com/index.htmlColor highlighting added.Added this one to my bookmarks.  :lol:

Now if I only understood which benchmark to use for which applications. And, as to be expected, the latest chips weren't included. I'm curious about the new llow end entry from AMD. The 1.8Ghz Duron. How, for instance, does it stack up against a Sempron 2000+ which, I believe, runs at about 1.6Ghz?

SonicDragon

Very cool site. Thanks for the link.Obviously a lot of work has gone into making that site available. Thanks Tom for keeping up such a great site :lol:

henderrob
Now if I only understood which benchmark to use for which applications.  And, as to be expected, the latest chips weren't included.  I'm curious about the new llow end entry from AMD.  The 1.8Ghz Duron.  How, for instance, does it stack up against a Sempron 2000+ which, I believe, runs at about 1.6Ghz?

I think that Sempron's are faster than Duron's due to their being renamed Athlon Thoroughbred CPU's. They use Socket A and have a 256 bit on die cache. The Sempron 3000 has a 512 bit cache and the 3100+ uses socket 754 and has the same Hyper Transport bus that the socket 754 AMD 64's. Edited by henderrob

I think that Sempron's are faster than Duron's due to their being renamed Athlon Thoroughbred CPU's..

I know they are faster. That wasn't the question. The question was how much faster is the Sempron 2000, the low end of that line, than the Duron 1.8ghz, the high end of its line? There is a BIG difference in price. Does the performance difference match the price difference? And the Duron 1.8ghz is new and I haven't seen any benchmarks on it.