How Does One Change A Primary Email Address

choco

:ph34r: I have had my primary email address since I started about way back in 96 or 97. Of course in those days spam was unheard of and I posted it in many newsgroups. (not the one listed in this forum)Now when I download messages, Eudora shows about 60% of the messages with that address are Sh--!. I must have 60-80 filters yet my personal mailbox is full of this stuff.My dilemma is how do I change the primary and try to keep track of the dozens of newsletters registered to the original address. I have aliases containing the names of the people I regularly exchange email but the email lists, I don't have a clue.Any suggestions about this?Thanks ,Choco

It sounds like you will have to open your new email account before closing the old one. Then start the tedious task of contacting each of the newsletters / listserv's you are one and make the changes there.Once you have contacted everyone and changed your address with the newsletters, etc. then have the old address closed/deleted. I feel your pain. Someone found my cell phone email address and I get stuff on there all the time, day and night. The ones that really get my goat is the spam that starts off saying something like - Do you hate spam? Buy our product!

Guest LilBambi

That's a good one Rob! :D I totally agree ... if you really want to change your primary email address, that's the way to go. I feel your pain too!Email address changes are so hard to get through :D I would suggest sending one email to friends and family with a date listed when this old email address will no longer work. Then the week before the email address will no longer work, send one more reminder. Just in case they got busy and forgot to do it the first time.There will always be some straggler who never takes care of it and says why didn't you tell me you were changing your email address ... doh! :D

While you're at it, try using a service like sneakemail.com to obfuscate your real email address when subscribing to mailing lists, newsgroups and such. I have been using it for a while and it works like a charm!