• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   GolfProRM

GolfProRM

Mr. Incredible

• Forum MVP
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 08:08 PM

hmm... doubt you could have set it up wrong....  don't think there's anything you could have done wrong...   I'd try rebooting and see what happens...  It shouldn't give you an "open with" box...  If rebooting doesn't work, delete the phoenix folder and re-extract it...  you won't lose any of your settings...  Then try reinstalling flash.

#27 OFFLINE   quint

quint

Linux Miner

• Forum MVP
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 08:41 PM

friendofdot, on May 6 2003, 08:04 PM, said:

I know this doesn't make sense, but it doesn't work.  I just tried going to Shockwave.com and it said I needed a Flash Player and directed me to the same download site.  BTW, when I try to open a site that uses flash, it gives me the open with dialog box or it says to search to web for the right program and I end up at the Flash Player site.  I must have tried downloading and installing 10 times.  Am beginning to think that I set up the browser wrong.
Here's something you could try - it has worked for me, in the past - go to the "plug-ins" folder of either IE or Mozilla/Netscape, and just copy the flashplayer "dll" file to the plug-ins folder of Phoenix/Firebird. :) Always had to do that for the PCPitstop plug-in, so Phoenix would run.
~ Linux User # 314972 ~ Ubuntu User # 12930 ~

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
                -- Mark Twain

#28 OFFLINE   friendofdot

friendofdot

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 09:19 PM

Quint, that was a good idea, but...I have WindowsXP Home Edition SP1 OEM.  Strange as this sounds, Internet Explorer is not listed on the Add/Remove Programs list (I tried to repair it once).  Plus, the IE folder in Program Files does not have a flash .dll, nor in Doc and Settings.  I did a search for a flash player (or anything similar) and could not find any flash .dll ...HOWEVER, I know there is flash on IE, because I can play games.  Is there a ghost in my computer?  Or is just the quirks of OEMs?Again, to all that have tried to help, thank you.

#29 OFFLINE   GolfProRM

GolfProRM

Mr. Incredible

• Forum MVP
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 09:41 PM

There isn't a specific Flash dll file for IE as far as I know...  IE comes with flash support standard... it's not a specific plugin that you have to download...   I don't believe there's a specific flash dll even in my phoenix folder....  none of them seemed to have anything to do with flash...  I'm about out of ideas...  I don't know why it won't work for you...  maybe someone else here has a better idea??  We'll get this figured out! :)  Don't give up on us :D

#30 OFFLINE   friendofdot

friendofdot

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 09:55 PM

Good grief, in this forum, I have the best computer minds who seem very willing to help.  Why would I give up?  :D   No way.  However, in the meantime, I using MSIE 6...ugh.  It's all Jeber's fault because I now find it necessary to play miniputt once a day   :)

#31 OFFLINE   quint

quint

Linux Miner

• Forum MVP
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 10:05 PM

OK, the file is: "NPSWF32.DLL"; apparently - as Ryan says - IE comes /w flash support standard. I retrieved this file from both Mozilla 1.3 and Firebird build 20030504, after install. Another idea would be to go to Netscape.net, and go to there plug-in d/l page, and search for the Shockwave plug-ins from there; of course it will probably bring you to the Macromedia site. Try one more time to install it, but this time just direct the installation to:C:\phoenix-win32\phoenix instead of:C:\phoenix-win32\phoenix\pluginsGood luck, it has to be something we're all over-looking. :)
~ Linux User # 314972 ~ Ubuntu User # 12930 ~

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
                -- Mark Twain

#32 OFFLINE   GolfProRM

GolfProRM

Mr. Incredible

• Forum MVP
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 10:12 PM

okay...  thanks quint... that is the file...  friendofdot, check your phoenix plugins folder for that file that quint listed...  If you can't find it, go to http://incolor.inetn...ert/NPSWF32.zipDownload this zip file and extract it to your phoenix plugins folder...  Hopefully this will work! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users