Exporting Konqueror bookmarks to html

linuxdude32

Anybody try this in SUSE 9.1?I haven't done this for ages so I don't know when it changed - the option to export bookmarks (which was under Bookmarks --> Edit Bookmarks seems to have disappeared and I've looked everywhere in Konqueror for it. Firefox has an option to import bookmarks but expects an HTML file (Konqueror's bookmark format is XML). The general import function doesn't do anything. I'm likely to just to bring the file into OpenOffice.org and export as html but wanted to hear from you gurus first.Confused. :ermm:Edit: Mistakenly called 'Edit Bookmarks', 'Manage Bookmarks"

Edited by linuxdude32

Hi JasonYou can work around this by importing them first on Galeon . . it can handle konqueror xbel and xml, then export it as mozilla bookmark ( html ) to import it in Firefox :DB) Bruno

You can work around this by importing them first on Galeon . . it can handle konqueror xbel and xml, then export it as mozilla bookmark ( html ) to import it in Firefox :">
Thanks for the suggestion, Bruno. :D Wait... this isn't a plot to get me to use Galeon, is it? :happyroll:

Hello,To export bookmarks from Konqueror, open the Bookmark Editor (Bookmarks > Edit Bookmarks), and then select Export under the File menu item.There are several options there -- try Export to Mozilla Bookmarks for Firefox.

To export bookmarks from Konqueror, open the Bookmark Editor (Bookmarks > Edit Bookmarks), and then select Export under the File menu item.
Thanks but I don't have that menu item. That's why I said that it had appeared to have disappeared. Not sure why they got rid of it. :D