help with unrar commands and switches

tommyj12

I have a file that has 47 rar avi files of 15mb, I want to unrar them and combine them to one single large avi file. I have rar installed, but have never used it. I also have googled around for ideas on the command but didn't find anything. I don't have a clue, here are the options that the unrar command gives me: Usage: unrar <command> -<switch 1> -<switch N> <archive> <files...> <@listfiles...> <path_to_extract\><Commands> e Extract files to current directory l[t,b] List archive [technical, bare] p Print file to stdout t Test archive files v[t,b] Verbosely list archive [technical,bare] x Extract files with full path<Switches> - Stop switches scanning ad Append archive name to destination path ap<path> Set path inside archive av- Disable authenticity verification check c- Disable comments show cfg- Disable read configuration cl Convert names to lower case cu Convert names to upper case dh Open shared files ep Exclude paths from names ep3 Expand paths to full including the drive letter f Freshen files id[c,d,p,q] Disable messages ierr Send all messages to stderr inul Disable all messages kb Keep broken extracted files n<file> Include only specified file n@ Read file names to include from stdin n@<list> Include files in specified list file o+ Overwrite existing files o- Do not overwrite existing files or Rename files automatically ow Save or restore file owner and group p[password] Set password p- Do not query password r Recurse subdirectories sl<size> Process files with size less than specified sm<size> Process files with size more than specified ta<date> Process files modified after <date> in YYYYMMDDHHMMSS format tb<date> Process files modified before <date> in YYYYMMDDHHMMSS format tn<time> Process files newer than <time> to<time> Process files older than <time> ts<m,c,a>[N] Save or restore file time (modification, creation, access) u Update files v List all volumes ver[n] File version control vp Pause before each volume x<file> Exclude specified file x@ Read file names to exclude from stdin x@<list> Exclude files in specified list file y Assume Yes on all queries Anyone done this before? Any help is apperciated ;) Tommy

cybormoron

i do the same as ross. i haven't used this in awhile but IIRC it will create a directory with all the files. the problems i ran into were the files had a password. a lot of rar's do this. they wouldn't unrar so i had to delete them and suffer without. if this happens check the page where you got them for any pw clues.don't know nuthin' about stitching them altogether tho. why are they seperated?

Edited by cybormoron

Adam, that is exactly what I did. What made me think it didn't work is that it returned all the options like I posted above. I just opened my home folder and there was the complete avi unrared. B) Sorry, I should have looked there before posting. Thanks, Tommy ;)

I should have looked there before posting.
I'm glad you posted because I've unrared lots in windows but haven't tried it in linux. I don't even have it installed because I figured I wouldn't know what to do with it. B) Your post served to maybe nudge me to try it.