13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Board Bigwig

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

As can be seen by Eric's post (#15), a quote of a quote is not working correctly.

yes, yes, Eric - I realize this is not 'On Topic'
   :pirate:
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

#2 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

Quotes within quotes don't work unless you use MultiQuote.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#3 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 20,796 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

The bardette doth speaketh soothe. ;)

#4 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

What does bardette mean? :lol:
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#5 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 20,796 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

That's a lady bard... as in Shakespeare; in reference to your possibly inadvertent lampooning of "To be or not to be; that is the question" in the title to this thread. ;)

#6 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

Ah, Cool! :thumbsup:

BTW: It was intentional actually. ;)

Edited by LilBambi, 10 May 2012 - 05:08 PM.

Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 20,796 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

I don't have a need to multiquote too often, but I guess I need to go test this and see how it actually works. ;)

#8 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on 10 May 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

I don't have a need to multiquote too often, but I guess I need to go test this and see how it actually works. ;)

View PostLilBambi, on 10 May 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

View PostLilBambi, on 10 May 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

There we go! :yes:

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on 10 May 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

That's a lady bard... as in Shakespeare; in reference to your possibly inadvertent lampooning of "To be or not to be; that is the question" in the title to this thread. ;)

View PostLilBambi, on 10 May 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

Interesting.

Literally need to quote from the individual posts. It won't nest them. Very much like it did with the old software.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 20,796 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

Glad I don't need to do that too often. ;)

#10 OFFLINE   Corrine

Corrine

The Mystical Rose

• Forum Admins
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostLilBambi, on 10 May 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

Quotes within quotes don't work unless you use MultiQuote.
MultiQuote is much cleaner than quotes within quotes.

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on 10 May 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

I like MultiQuote because it is then possible to respond to two different posts in one reply without confusing one with the other.
Posted Image

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

#11 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

Yes, true on both points Corrine! :thumbsup:
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Board Bigwig

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostCorrine, on 11 May 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

I like MultiQuote because it is then possible to respond to two different posts in one reply without confusing one with the other.

:blink: ???
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

#13 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,489 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:54 AM

I have never really tried the multi-quote before as I have only done them manually but that I may try it out B)

I just realized that if I type a response and then scroll up and click quote, it automatically posts the quoted text instead of opening up a reply box like the old forum did.
Neat stuff :thumbsup:
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#14 OFFLINE   Corrine

Corrine

The Mystical Rose

• Forum Admins
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

View Postcrp, on 11 May 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

:blink: ???

It looks like you clicked both MultiQuote and Quote so the post was included twice.
Posted Image

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users