I Ain't Scairt At All

V.T. Eric Layton

What the FBI Internet DNS Shutdown Means to You --> http://compnetworking.about.com/b/2012/02/...#comment-155311

What annoys me even more than the FBI supposedly knowing how to deal with this issue,

is the person asking what does 'DNS' mean when there is a link right there of "Introduction to Domain Name System (DNS)" :angry2:

We still haven't moved that far off from "I can't find the any key"

:angry: The schools systems still suck air.

Guest LilBambi

Using a trusted DNS server like OpenDNS is a good start even for those who don't understand what's going on with DNS, DNSChanger, etc.

The Youtube video playlist above points to a four part video:

Summary: OpenDNS provides industry-leading malware protection that's delivered through the DNS layer. Unlike more traditional malware blocking services, our innovative approach actually blocks known malicious or infected sites from resolving on your network, preventing them from causing your network — and your school, company or organization — any damage. Attend this 30-minute webinar and learn why you can't afford to leave your DNS unprotected from malware. Speakers include DNS security expert and Sales Engineer Brian Hartvigsen.

securitybreach

Sorry to be the party-pooper, but what does this have to do with Linux?

I know as Linux users, we are not supposed to be vulnerable to this type of attack so how does this affect us penguins?

Sorry to be the party-pooper, but what does this have to do with Linux?

I know as Linux users, we are not supposed to be vulnerable to this type of attack so how does this affect us penguins?

Eric snuck in an anti-microsoft , pro-linux rant at the page he cited :pirate:

Eric snuck in an anti-microsoft , pro-linux rant at the page he cited :pirate:

Ok, good enough. There's an ad on that page that says I win an Iphone 4S, woo-hoo! :rolleyes:

Guest LilBambi

Definitely a good topic, but likely better in The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe. ;)

Will move it there and leave a link here...

V.T. Eric Layton

Wait! Wait! It was appropriate for BATL. It's about Linux security... and MS Windows lack thereof. ;)