Photo

Installed Fedora 26 Alpha What a difference

Yesterday, 06:53 PM

Posted by mhbell in Bruno's All Things Linux
Downloaded and installed to my SSD Fedora 26 Alpha today. What a difference. It installed with no problems and recognized all of my hardware except on of my printers a brother HL2320D. No Distro has recognized that printer because of driver which is available from Brother. At the present time it only has the Gnome desktop and is mainly the core system with a few Apps, which is nice. I installed my firefox and thunderbird profiles without a problem. I like the screen grab, just push the printscn key and it puts it on the clipboard and saves it to pictures. Below are a couple of screen shots.
Mel
Posted Image

Posted Image

36 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

CEOs rate productivity 'very low' from emerging tech

Yesterday, 05:07 PM

Posted by Computerworld in Computerworld News

The internet of things, artificial intelligence, blockchain and 3D printing promise to improve productivity on a grand scale for enterprises, cities and other organizations.

Even so, CEOs and other senior enterprise managers rate such breakthrough technologies "very low" in terms of productivity improvement in the next five years, according to a new Gartner survey of 388 senior executives.  But it may be too early in the game to fully appreciate the potential benefits of these technologies, Gartner suggested.

"There seems to be a big, unexplored future," said Gartner analyst Mark Raskino in a summary of the survey released Monday. "That [future] amounts to a leapfrog opportunity for a new generation of brave and creative business technology thinkers."

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

View the full article

41 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

Customers roast Microsoft over security bulletins' demise

Yesterday, 02:49 PM

Posted by Computerworld in Computerworld News

When Microsoft asked customers last week for feedback on the portal that just replaced the decades-long practice of delivering detailed security bulletins, it got an earful from unhappy users.

"Hate hate hate the new security bulletin format. HATE," emphasized Janelle 322 in a support forum where Microsoft urged customers to post thoughts on the change. "I now have to manually transcribe this information to my spreadsheet to disseminate to my customers. You have just added 8 hours to my workload. Thanks for nothing."

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

View the full article

7 Views · 0 Replies

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

0 members, 55 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Yahoo, Google, Bing

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS