Mozilla 1.7.2/Firefox 0.9.3/Thunderbird 0.7.3

Neil P

Well, after a recent batch of security fixes, we're about to see new releases that incorporate them:Checkins to the MOZILLA_1_7_2_BRANCH. The same checkins are in the FIREFOX_0_9_3_BRANCH.Bugs fixed:Bug 253121 - lock icon and certificates spoofable with onunload document.writeBug 250906 - null (%00) in filename fakes extension (ftp, file)Bug 249004 - Importing false CA certificate leading to error -8182 (perm DoS), especially exploitable by emailBug 251381 - new libpng buffer overflow vulnerabilities (no longer security-sensitive, now open to public)I don't know why they're waiting to release it, they might be waiting on one or two more patches (total guess on my part).[edit]Small Update:Look for these releases on August 4th (I've got an inside tip :huh: ):

<Jesse> i expect 1.7.2 to come out on august 4 <steeler_fan|afk> August 4? <steeler_fan|afk> waiting for something?<Jesse> steeler_fan|afk: yep<steeler_fan|afk> fair enough
"Jesse" is Jesse Ruderman, who does the Burning Edge, and is interning at IBM this summer (to work on Mozilla for them)[edit2]Changed bonsai links so they'll actually show checkins at later dates :huh: (show checkins "since the beginning of time" rather than "in the last week")

Well, August 4th is here, and so are Mozilla 1.7.2, Firefox 0.9.3 and Thunderbird 0.7.3.All users are encouraged to upgrade (all OS's)Mozilla 1.7.2Firefox 0.9.3Thunderbird 0.7.3Get 'em while they're hot!Note:Firefox 1.0PR (preview release) is due out soon, maybe sometime in the next 2 weeks (the roadmap says August 10, but projected release dates aren't always met), with a ton of fixes since the 0.9 release.

Note:The installer .exe for windows indicates that the version you are installing is 0.92, but after completion, firefox help/about indicates that version 0.93 is installed.

Note:The installer .exe for windows indicates that the version you are installing is 0.92, but after completion, firefox help/about indicates that version 0.93 is installed.
Noticed that, too. It does say 0.9.3 after installation! :D