~5,000,000 Google accounts leaked on Russian Bitcoin Forum

Corrine

Numerous stories around the 'net on the leak. The report at Five million Gmail addresses and passwords dumped online - CSO | The Resource for Data Security Executives includes the information that it appears the leaked passwords are for non-Gmail/Google accounts, rather accounts on other sites where the Gmail address was the user name. Still wise to change your password.

An archive containing nearly 5 million Gmail addresses and plain text passwords was posted Tuesday on an online forum, but the data is old and likely sourced from multiple data breaches according to one security firm.

Check at https://isleaked.com/en.php to find out if your Google account is on the list.

Guest LilBambi

IsLeaked.com registered 2 days before Gmail leak public - JamesWatt.me

Most media outlets are currently reporting that 5 million user accounts and passwords have been leaked. The earliest sources I can find for news outlets reporting this information all date to the 10th.

The source is traced back, at earliest, to a Russian bitcoin market forum with a post on Sept 9 at 23:55. Screenshot below.

See the article for more.

I did not put my email in the site because I do not know who they are.