Suse Packages

zox

Here are some Suse links you might find handy.They contain links to RPM packages that are mostly not included in free version (FTP install) and some that are not included in full retail pack.FTP Install of SuseAPT for Suse (very powerfull)PackMan - Probably the best Suse RPM repositoryLenz - Suse RPM repository (version 8.2 and 9)Extra Gnome RPM's for Suse 9Some RPM's for SuseOlder Suse RPM's, up to 8.1German site with RPM's for older Suse, up to 8.1

Very cool. We SUSE'rs thank you, Zox.
You are welcome Jeber.
Would it be illegal for someone to creaste ISOs of the SuSE 9 Pro disks and host them online?
I presume yes, since Pro version contain third party commercial software, such as Main Actor etc..I guess if you manage to create ISO's from FTP install that would be ok, still not 100% sure though :) If you have other Suse Links, please post in this thread as it will go in tips about Suse.We already have Mandrake, PCLinuxOS, Slackware and now Suse.Thanks.

Very cool, Zox! Thanks so much! :) Some really good links here and will check them out more as I have time. Thanks for finding.Not sure about ISOs of SuSE. The commercial software (mostly trials) and JRE can't be distributed so definitely a legal no-no on the Personal or Pro editions. YaST has a restrictive license that basically says you need to have permission from SuSE to distribute it. I wrote SuSE asking if I could copy the CDs I received and they told me it's okay to make copies for yourself or friends, but you can't charge for it without a distributor agreement with SuSE (which I assume costs money). Putting it on a website would probably have their legal department after you. If you de-linked YaST from the distribution, you'd probably be alright, but then why bother? YaST is what makes SuSE so powerful.