Photo

A Conservative Approach

Today, 09:10 AM

Posted by raymac46 in Bruno's All Things Linux
I have decided to take a conservative approach with VirtualBox installs this year. I really need only one instance of it anyway - to have a Linux O/S available in Windows 10 on my main desktop.
I am running 4 different Linux distros - Mint, Arch, MX-17 and Debian Sid - on the rails on 4 different machines so I have plenty of variety. Stabillity too, as the rolling releases are excellent this way.
I have had trouble with them in VirtualBox - what with all the kernel updates and VBox updates something will break sooner or later (usually the Guest Additions.) Yesterday my Debian Testing VBox install lost its full screen capability and I didn't want to spend hours debugging it. Rebuilding the Guest Additions didn't work. I think there was something wrong with the virtualbox-guest-X11 package but not sure. In this case the usual VBox answer is big hammer - nuke and repave.
So in my lone remaining VBox setup I have gone back to good old Ubuntu 17.10 - Guest Additions work out of the box, there are updates but not too many to the kernel, and Ubuntu is now using GNOME 3 again (which suits me fine.) Its a copout I guess. But so far it works.

19 Views · 1 Replies ( Last reply by saturnian )

Photo

File Restore Coming to OneDrive

Yesterday, 12:14 PM

Posted by Corrine in All Things Windows
From OneDrive will soon make it a lot easier to recover from Ransomware

Microsoft has revealed a useful new feature coming to OneDrive which would be ideal for recovering from a Ransomware attack.

Users will soon be able to roll back their OneDrive to an earlier date, which would undo any changes made accidentally or maliciously by malware.

29 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

Pale Moon Version 27.7.0 Released with Security Updates

Yesterday, 09:32 AM

Posted by Corrine in Social Media
Pale Moon has been updated to Version 27.7.0. This is a stability and bugfix release, as well as adding a number of new features to further improve web compatibility.  

Release Notes

37 Views · 0 Replies

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

1 members, 37 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Bing, Google, Yahoo, Pete!

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS