Another dumb article about Linux

lewmur

Here is another dumb article about Linux Desktop. The author claims that Linux Desktop lacks "market share" because of "poor marketing". What he fails to realize is that "market share" implies something is being sold. Something that is given away isn't being "marketed" in the first place. Therefore the very term "market share" is a misnomer. And only govts are stupid enough to spend money advertising something they are giving away. People either get smart enough to stop spending their hard earned money on something they could be getting for free or they don't. Either way it is no reflection on Linux.

V.T. Eric Layton

The article sucked. I'll give you that. Sadly though, it's bothersome to see so many anonymous cowards lambasting poor Dmitry for this guest article.

The article sucked. I'll give you that. Sadly though, it's bothersome to see so many anonymous cowards lambasting poor Dmitry for this guest article.

Why? Everyone on the net is anonymous. Why should people leaving comments about an article they dislike be any different?

V.T. Eric Layton
Why? Everyone on the net is anonymous. Why should people leaving comments about an article they dislike be any different?

Yup. I AM Aninnymoose! ;)

Market share? Tell someone who cares. I think I prefer Linux to only have a small percentage of users, as that implies a small percentage of malware writers. The only advantage in having wider adoption would be in having better device driver support, and perhaps more (commercial probably) software.