Reinstalling Lion

bjf123

Guest LilBambi

Well, that would actually be better than what I heard...OS X 10.7 Lion's Recovery Partition changes the way the OS repairs itself (9to5mac.com)That trick doesn't work well with PCs, and it was a stupid thing ever since Packard Bell PCs started that crap it in the early 90s or late 80s (actually what they started is 'pre-installed' crap, and you had to call and pay for restoration CDs) -- very similar, but at least you got disks. They they try to get you to create your own recovery CDs, although you can call and ask for them, sometimes for free, sometimes not). The restore partition crap is even worse than that.Mac OS X Lion Adds Recovery Partition Support (cultofmac.com)

Guest LilBambi

The thing that really ticks me off ... besides losing all my PowerPC apps (Rosetta apps) ... is the requirement to download the daggone thing through the Mac App Store ... like we all can spend nearly 5GB of data just on a single download.Especially those of us who have severely limited caps (our monthly cap is 10GB and have to pay $10/GB for anything over the 10GB for $80/mo -- we finally got a mifi2200 for our connection at home which helped a bit but it's still no where near what it would be on a wired connection ANYWHERE USA.I really think Apple needs a wake up call on reality, personally. Not everyone has a wired connection with unlimited or virtually unlimited (caps of 250GB/MO etc.) Internet.

The thing that really ticks me off ... besides losing all my PowerPC apps (Rosetta apps) ... is the requirement to download the daggone thing through the Mac App Store ... like we all can spend nearly 5GB of data just on a single download.Especially those of us who have severely limited caps (our monthly cap is 10GB and have to pay $10/GB for anything over the 10GB for $80/mo -- we finally got a mifi2200 for our connection at home which helped a bit but it's still no where near what it would be on a wired connection ANYWHERE USA.I really think Apple needs a wake up call on reality, personally. Not everyone has a wired connection with unlimited or virtually unlimited (caps of 250GB/MO etc.) Internet.
I saw somewhere that Apple's solution for this is to bring your Mac into the Apple store and use their wi-fi to download Lion. Like I'm going to unplug my 20" iMac, load it into my car, and carry it into the Apple store? And for people who don't happen to live close to an Apple store? I guess Starbucks will be busy! :thumbsup:

Guest LilBambi
I saw somewhere that Apple's solution for this is to bring your Mac into the Apple store and use their wi-fi to download Lion. Like I'm going to unplug my 20" iMac, load it into my car, and carry it into the Apple store? And for people who don't happen to live close to an Apple store? I guess Starbucks will be busy! :thumbsup:
Unbelievable. The closest one is over an hour away from me...a real Apple store.