Matrix Revolution

Guest ThunderRiver

Guest genaldar
Wow.  They really pumped out the last one quickly.  I was expecting sometime next year.  <crawls out from under his rock>    :)  :)  :)
They shot 2 and 3 at the same time. In fact originally they were to be released at the same time, at least thats what the brothers who wrote it say (no I can't spell their name).I won't be seeing it tonight. We're having a good, well known speaker tonight on campus (Winona LaDuke) so I'm going to that. I'm even going to get to meet her at the faculty dinner (I'm going as my advisor's guest since he knows how much I like politics). I'll probably go see it Thursday night.

i'll pass on this one. i saw "Reloaded" recently and it was such a waste of time, i'd rather have watched a repeat of Cheech and Chong for a movie with a better storyline. And the comments about this one, let's just say many people were hoping part 3 will redeem the ghastly part 2, but as Associated Press puts it, "its Louder, Longer and Dumber than Reloaded". And another critic said "it wouldve been better if Ewoks showed up and saved Zion at the end", referring to how much critics hate "Return of Jedi" for throwing in those D*** Ewoks. :) And the best comment from a critic best explains how i felt about "Reloaded":"That's two hours of my life I'll never get back" :) i cant imagine a WORSE movie than "Reloaded", but if it exists in "Revolutions", i'm not taking a chance. I'm passing this one, even when it comes out at Blockbuster.

Sigh, the SF Chronicle review gives it a sleeping "Little Man", only one level higher than the lowest rating - which is no little man in the chair. If further reviews are in the same league, then I will pass until the DVD comes out

The final installment of the Wachowski brothers' science fiction epic features cheesy computer-generated imagery and stodgy action sequences. It is 'The Matrix Disappoints.'http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...DTL&type=movies

The final installment of the Wachowski brothers' science fiction epic features cheesy computer-generated imagery and stodgy action sequences. It is 'The Matrix Disappoints.'
"Matrix Disappoints?"that's a 'cheesy' joke. He should've gone with "Matrix Rebloated" or "Matrix Revulsion"
REVULSIONPronunciation:    ree'vulshunWordNet Dictionary  Definition: [n]  intense aversion  Synonyms: horror, repugnance, repulsion  See Also: disgust
:lol:

i'll pass on this one.  i saw "Reloaded" recently and it was such a waste of time, i'd rather have watched a repeat of Cheech and Chong for a movie with a better storyline.  And the comments about this one, let's just say many people were hoping part 3 will redeem the ghastly part 2, but as Associated Press puts it, "its Louder, Longer and Dumber than Reloaded".  And another critic said "it wouldve been better if Ewoks showed up and saved Zion at the end", referring to how much critics hate "Return of Jedi" for throwing in those D*** Ewoks.  ;) And the best comment from a critic best explains how i felt about "Reloaded":"That's two hours of my life I'll never get back"  :lol: i cant imagine a WORSE movie than "Reloaded", but if it exists in "Revolutions", i'm not taking a chance.  I'm passing this one, even when it comes out at Blockbuster.
Apparently, 'critics' rate movies a little bit differently than I do. I go to see a movie to just relax and enjoy the scenery. If there happens to be a decent storyline, that's just an added bonus. I have only walked out on one movie in my life. Freddy Got Fingered. THAT was a poor movie. Anyways, I like seeing the special effects from the Matrix series. I enjoyed Star Wars Episodes 1 AND 2 for the same reason. OH NO! It's got a poor plot! Like I really care. Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes) said it best: Shock or titilate me, but don't bore me.[2¢]

The final installment of the Wachowski brothers' science fiction epic features cheesy computer-generated imagery and stodgy action sequences. It is 'The Matrix Disappoints.'
"Matrix Disappoints?"that's a 'cheesy' joke. He should've gone with "Matrix Rebloated" or "Matrix Revulsion"
And when you become a published movie reviewer, you'll be able to choose your own taglines for movie names. ;) ;) :lol: btw: the "he" is a "she" (Carla Meyer)

I'm sad to hear it's already getting bad reviews. I was hopeing that this one would be better than their last one. (I'll probably go see it anyway) ;)

Got an invite to go so see "Matrix Revolution" freom a freind of mine TOnight .. HOPEFULLY gonna go see it ...i didnt care too much for "Reloaded" but hopefully "Revolutions" wil help it to redeem it self ,,,,the only part of the "Matrix" that i havent experinced "enter The Matrix" PC game ... the "Animatrix" was good .. and im NOT a really big Fan of Animae.. BUT it DID fill in holes .. that the movie left open .. i can let ya know how it goes if all goes well tonight ;) .. that is .. if ya want to know :0

the only part of the "Matrix" that i havent experinced "enter The Matrix" PC game ...
I played it a little bit at a local internet cafe (that i sometimes work at...), only it was for the x-box. I didn't play enough to give a fair review, but going into "slow motion/matrix mode" (whatever u want to call it) and fighting everyone was hilarious! ;) I could have sat there all day just doing that :P Maybe i'm just easily amused :rolleyes:

I think reviewers are terrible at their job anyway -- I never go by what they say.  Most of em don't know good taste if it bit them.
on the contrary, they sometimes concentrate too much on 'taste' and plot and drama love triangles, and ignore a movie that has flashy FX. however, i'm quite picky with my movies. I loved the car chase scene in "Reloaded" (but they shouldve said "this scene brought to you in part by Cadillac and Ducati" ;) ), but the rest of the movie, i dunno, maybe i was a bit too drunk or stoned while watching it, but for a while i thought we accidentely rented a Star Treck movie, and the whole "keymaker" story just flew right by my head. Why is there a keymaker? what's so special? why is one group trying to save him, one trying to kill him, and one trying to kidnap him? and how come people have super computer, spaceships, lasers, etc, yet they walk around in their Zion caves barefoot and in Roman gladiator-like clothing? :P and as soon as you introduce too many crazy ideas and weak plot lines, you do start to lose from the overall amazing special FX. Thats what makes a movie a legend, like the first Matrix; great effects, and great story. or the first 2 Aliens flicks. ;) that being said, i'll probably rent the DVD of Revolutions, but i'll just fast forward to the cool parts and save my precious movie theater money for Lord of the Rings. :rolleyes:

It is just "art"... some like it and some don't.I once saw a Jackson Pollack painting in the NY Muesum of Modern Art. It was this huge 10' X 14' canvas painted black... no texture or other features were visible. Just this black canvas... anyone could have painted it... and yet there it hung in the museum... as art...Andy and Larry Wachowski are very creative... you either like their method of story telling or you don't...

I think reviewers are terrible at their job anyway -- I never go by what they say.  Most of em don't know good taste if it bit them.
That's why I like http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/matr...rixrevolutions/. At the bottom are the reviews from real people. Sometimes they agree with the critics, sometimes not. In this case, Revolutions is getting some wide ranging ratings there from the "people". Some have given it a zero, others a 10. The average currently stands at 6.2 on a scale of 0-10.