Post your desk(top)!

ross549

Great desktop! Do you really have that clean of a desktop when you are working? ;)

That's actually a bit dirty for my desk......

dude! your screen should have had the nightmare "word" project up, instead! :lol:

You don't have a need to know.....

:lol:

Guest LilBambi

True, Eric, but that's for ATL (All Things Linux). We should have a generic Show Us Your Desktop too :D

I forgot and accidentally posted my Mac Desktop in the ATL one once!

Nice wall shelves there abarbarian.

They are made from two cases that shipped two long shafts. I simply cut them in half and put end caps on, sanded down and stained. Made some straps from hammered flat dexion and screwed them together at the rear and they are held to the wall with three screws. Took me about four hours in total. Been up for eleven years. Dusted once a year.

I put the huge effort into making them as they are exactly the right size for videos. Sadly they are a few mm too narrow for cd/dvd cases.

:)

Guest LilBambi
They are made from two cases that shipped two long shafts. I simply cut them in half and put end caps on, sanded down and stained. Made some straps from hammered flat dexion and screwed them together at the rear and they are held to the wall with three screws. Took me about four hours in total. Been up for eleven years. Dusted once a year.

I put the huge effort into making them as they are exactly the right size for videos. Sadly they are a few mm too narrow for cd/dvd cases.

:)

:thumbsup:

V.T. Eric Layton
Think I'm going to have a serious look at the way I'm living at the moment.

Windows 7

http://i.imgur.com/hE7ih.jpg

B)

I LIKE it! It looks lived in. It looks like a happy place. :thumbsup:

Heh! You learned like I did a long time ago. When you have limited desk space, you must go UP! ;)

securitybreach

Here is a shot of my main desk:

c24181173987778.jpg

(and no, those are not passwords I blanked out. They are IP addresses I would rather not be public)

I have 3 more desks with other computers but they are a complete mess so I didnt post them.

Yes, I know I need to dust my desk off. :zorro: :ph34r:

BONUS: See if you can spot the monkey :teehee:

securitybreach
I see the cute little doggie on the desk but didn't see a monkey...

Believe it or not, that doggie is over 50 years old.

(Hint....its on the other side of the desk)

securitybreach
It looks well made, so doesn't really surprise me. But it's great that you have it with all the moving that you have done.

Ah, another packrat. ;)

Who me? :hysterical:

I got that from an uncle who passed, after all it is around 20 years older than me. B)

(and no, those are not passwords I blanked out. They are IP addresses I would rather not be public)

I have 3 more desks with other computers but they are a complete mess so I didnt post them.

Yes, I know I need to dust my desk off. :zorro: :ph34r:

BONUS: See if you can spot the monkey :teehee:

Your monkey is in front of the LHS speaker (possibly a baboon). Do I win the internet? :)

I also have a monkey, and a cow, a lion dog, a Womble and Buddha. And Bunny of course.

PS. we already know your IP addresses. Mwahaha! - Anon. :ph34r:

Has the Fire Dept. seen that? :w00t: :hysterical:

Funny you should mention the Fire Brigade.

They were visiting a neighbour a couple of nights ago an using my excellent stalking skills I managed to obtain several picture of the fun unnoticed before fading into the undergrowth. Naturally I kept my curtains closed to conceal my own fire hazard. :whistling:

Intrepid reporter braves sub zero temps for story smweather8.gif

securitybreach
Your monkey is in front of the LHS speaker (possibly a baboon). Do I win the internet? :)

I also have a monkey, and a cow, a lion dog, a Womble and Buddha. And Bunny of course.

PS. we already know your IP addresses. Mwahaha! - Anon. :ph34r:

Great job!!! :thumbup:

(although you were not supposed to give away the answer)

And, no that is not my personal IP address, one is a VPS and the other is another server.

V.T. Eric Layton

@ Josh... I see the monkey! I see the monkey! And that nice 9mm. ;) Oh, and using my super-dooper Admin powers, I can also see your IP. :yes:

@ Adam... I always thought this was your desk at home:

Skeleton-at-computer-tingling-in-arms-an

securitybreach
@ Josh... I see the monkey! I see the monkey! And that nice 9mm. ;) Oh, and using my super-dooper Admin powers, I can also see your IP. :yes:

I knew you would find him B)

Thanks for the compliment, I am really enjoying my latest 'toy'.

BTW, you see the IP I use to access the forums but those are for my 'other' servers. I have no reason to post my IP as I have a script that mails it to me once a week:

#ipmonitor.sh
#!/bin/bash
#
#Get the WAN IP
exip=`lynx -dump http://automation.whatismyip.com/n09230945.asp | head -n 2`
echo $exip - `date` > /home/comhack/.scripts/ipmon/ipmessage.file
#
# Subject
SUBJECT="System IP"
# Email To....
EMAIL="securitybreach@*********.**"
# Message
EMAILMESSAGE="/home/comhack/.scripts/ipmon/ipmessage.file"
# Send email
mail -s "$SUBJECT" "$EMAIL" < $EMAILMESSAGE

:ph34r:

That's a lot of icons!

Yer right. I have them in a sort of order that I can use easily as I do not like multi clicking through menus to find a program. 7 is my gaming rig and I usually fire it up and play so the desktop look is not that important to me. It is tidier than my desk :hysterical:

• 9 months later...