Dell Latitude D610 Battery

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

OK, so here's how things have been going for me the past couple weeks...

I've been needing a battery for my little Dell for about 6 months now. I finally found one that had the right price... $11.09 w/ free shipping (of course), so I bought it the other day.

It came today. YAY! I got the little Dell out of it's zipper case and set it on the desk. I opened it up in preparation to fire it up with the new battery to charge it. I opened the box with the new battery and as I was taking it out, I fumbled it and it landed squarely on the little Dell's keyboard. Yup. Smashed up three keys.

I fired it up anyway to charge the battery and found that my ethernet is not functioning now. It comes on for a few seconds and then dies. The wifi works fine. I may have knocked something loose when I dropped the battery on the keyboard. Dunno for sure? Anyway, since a new keyboard is about $16 on eBay and I don't know what the issue with the ethernet is, I'm just going to retire this little guy temporarily till I have some spare change to spend on it.

In the meantime, I'll give the new battery to my brother who is using my other Dell D610 (sister to mine). He can make use of it. His battery has been toast for about a year now.

Myeh... what it be is what it be.

Later...

Worse yes . I put a 200euro monitor under the bed for safety . Took it out about six months later thinking to upgrade the system . Lo and behold something had pierced the box and cabbaged the screen . Misery abounds. Just like taxes

:w00tx100:

• Like 2

I opened the box with the new battery and as I was taking it out, I fumbled it and it landed squarely on the little Dell's keyboard. Yup. Smashed up three keys.

I fired it up anyway to charge the battery and found that my ethernet is not functioning now. It comes on for a few seconds and then dies. The wifi works fine.

Ouch.
  • Like 1