5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Doug

Doug

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:37 PM

I have not found a command that allows for printing the screen.  Any help would be appreciated. :teehee:DougEDIT: Removed the emoticon javascript reference that appeared to be unrelated to your posting.

Edited by LilBambi, 22 June 2005 - 03:26 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,546 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:37 PM

Here's what I found on this:

Mac OS X and GrabMacintosh computers running OS X include a screen capture utility called Grab that is quite a bit more versatile that Print Screen.  Grab is located in the Utilities folder inside your Applications folder.  Use the menus to capture the whole screen or just a small section of it.  You can even set a 10-second delay so you have time to arrange things on the screen perfectly!You can also use keyboard shortcuts to snag a screenshot with Grab.  At anytime, press Command-Shift-3 to capture the entire screen or Command-Shift-4 to drag with the mouse and select a smaller capture area.  Your screenshots will be saved as TIFF files on your desktop.  To save your screenshots to the Clipboard for pasting instead, hold down the Ctrl key as well (e.g. Command-Shift-Ctrl-3).
I found it here:http://uis.georgetow...s/20040116.htmlOther references to print screen for the Mac listed on the following Google search results:http://www.google.co...:en-US:officialHope this helps.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#3 OFFLINE   epp_b

epp_b

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:01 PM

I was gonna say "how 'bout the button there that says 'Print Screen'", but then I realized that this was the Macinsane forum :P

#4 OFFLINE   Doug

Doug

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:00 AM

Thanks for the information.  I am trying to get use to the apple key board. I like it better than shift -print screen on the PC. Doug

#5 OFFLINE   SonicDragon

SonicDragon

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:52 PM

You can also hold down Apple + SHIFT + 3

#6 OFFLINE   inform

inform

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 03:56 AM

I use shift+apple+4 all of the time to take screen shots of selected areas. When you press this key combination your mouse icon will change to a crosswith a gray transparent circle that you can drag and select an area to print. Shift+apple+3 takes a shot of the entire screen.Also this is a great hint to change the default screen shot file format: http://www.macosxhin...51361&lsrc=osxhI remember a user complaining about the screenshot format that was created.You'll have to use your terminal to change it.I use these functions all day to produce Keynote presentations for the sales team and wireframes for the development team at work. I have a screen shot of every view of the application I designed. Christopher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users