• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:03 AM

With regards to my TouchPad order... I got an order confirmation e-mail last night, and I can now see the order status at the HP page!Getting closer! This thing may actually ship!Adam
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#52 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:19 AM

View Postross549, on Aug 26 2011, 04:03 AM, said:

With regards to my TouchPad order... I got an order confirmation e-mail last night, and I can now see the order status at the HP page!Getting closer! This thing may actually ship!Adam
Sweet :thumbsup:
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#53 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

One of my friends here in VA got one for his wife, and they just received it today! Arg!Adam

#54 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

View Postross549, on Aug 26 2011, 01:38 PM, said:

One of my friends here in VA got one for his wife, and they just received it today! Arg!Adam
Well hopefully you will get yours soon. :w00t: I wish I had been able to buy one but oh well. There is always ebay. Of course the price will be double or close to it :">

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#55 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:41 PM

Right. :">

#56 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:47 AM

Speaking of, my cousin's boyfriend bought one of the 16gb tablets and he loves it. I have not seen him or the tablet yet but I did try to offer him $200 and he would not sell. This guy knows nothing about computers so explaining the downsides of the software and rooting would be a waste of his and my time.

#57 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:35 AM

I got an e-mail from HP. I am in the 6-8 week window. It will be a while before I see my touchpad.Adam

#58 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,545 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:07 AM

View Postross549, on Sep 9 2011, 09:35 AM, said:

I got an e-mail from HP. I am in the 6-8 week window. It will be a while before I see my touchpad.Adam
Woohoo!! At least you know. Better than not knowing. :teehee:   :w00t:  :thumbsup:
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#59 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,508 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:38 PM

They had another full-page ad in the paper today.

#60 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:53 PM

I still really want one if anyone runs across one or knows where to get one  B) I already have an Android tablet but I bought mine last year and this one has better specs (well my processor is better but...). That and I paid $499 for mine.   :thumbsup:

#61 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:15 PM

I think your best bet may be to go to the HP site and sign up to be notified if any will be available.Most of the info I saw on slickdeals indicated that many orders from other retailers were cancelled, unless you were one of the first few.Adam

#62 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

View Postross549, on Sep 9 2011, 01:15 PM, said:

I think your best bet may be to go to the HP site and sign up to be notified if any will be available.Most of the info I saw on slickdeals indicated that many orders from other retailers were cancelled, unless you were one of the first few.Adam
Well I know two people who managed to get one at a B&M store. Thanks for the info though.

#63 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:59 PM

I am still waiting for mine... my order is still valid. I think I am closing in on the 6-8 week window that HP claimed. I see an authorization pop up on my credit card every now and again, so I know I am still on the list.C'mon HP! Ship these things out!Adam

#64 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,545 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:14 PM

Keeping fingers crossed for you Adam! :)
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#65 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

Thanks!I'd love to get it and play with it... then Cami can play with "her" iPad, and I can have the TouchPad!

#66 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,545 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:21 PM

Can't say I'd blame you :yes:Nice to have one's own stuff sometimes LOL!
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#67 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:05 AM

I was just thinking of asking you if you have heard anything from HP. Well I hope you can get the device you already paid for soon. This is getting a bit ridiculous IMHO and is why I will never preorder anything.

#68 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:07 AM

Well, my card has not been charged, but it has been authorized a few times. Last time I look at HP's site, they were pushing the ship date back steadily.

#69 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:17 AM

View Postross549, on Sep 30 2011, 04:07 AM, said:

Well, my card has not been charged, but it has been authorized a few times. Last time I look at HP's site, they were pushing the ship date back steadily.
Well I hope you get your device soon but by the sound of it, I would not hold your breath waiting on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users