Mike's List and Scot's Newsletter

Fox Hunter

Careful when unsubscribing from Mikes List (no content). You may be unsubscribed from Scots Newletter (superb content). What a bummer! :rolleyes:

That is not right.....something is wrong with this picture. One should have nothing to do with the other. I will bring this to Scots attention.

Maybe I'm just easier to please, but I find Mike's List, while not on a par with SFNL, entertaining. Some of the links are fun. Mystery pic of the week keeps me guessing at times. Just my opinion.

I guess I agree with Jeber (Now THAT'S a scary thought!) - While Mikes List is not a technical goldmine like Scot's, it is quite entertaining...Although this has absolutely nothing to do with unsubscribing from either, I just saw the "(No Content)" and HAD to knee-jerk - er - react - er - respond! :rolleyes: Just a thought - if they are both using the same mail server, maybe the unsubscribe asks if you want to unsubscribe from "All" or ?? I haven't tried it on either of these, but I have been to listservers that did that - if you picked the wrong button, you got unsubscribed from them all...d|:^)Dick

Whoa, Fox Hunter, you are absolutely correct. There is a very strange, very dangerous bug on the Lyris server where Fred Langa, Mike Elgan, and I are customers. This also affects a number of other newsletters. Thanks to you and one or two other SFNL readers, I'm alerted to the problem and I have contacted Mike, Fred, Woody Leonhard (of Woodys Office Watch and other newsletters), and the folks at Dundee. Hopefully, this will get fixed and pronto!Mike is using special code that the Lyris software people just rolled out. I didn't realize it was this messed up. I'm not using it. I don't know anyone else who is using it either. Hopefully we can get Mike to disable that right away and Dundee can figure out what the problem is. Bad mojo.-- Scot

Note to all: This problem has been fixed. Mike Elgan fixed it himself.FWIW, Mike and I are friends and I actually really like Mike's List. Its goal is to be entertaining, not to provide tech info (except, maybe, about gadgets and mobile phones). But I just really find Mike's point of view interesting.-- Scot

:) I wonder if we could get some of the spammers to include that code? Then one unsubscribe would take us off them all! :D I guess this was off topic... Sorry!d|:^)Dick

:)  I wonder if we could get some of the spammers to include that code?  Then one unsubscribe would take us off them all!  :D I guess this was off topic...  Sorry!d|:^)Dick
.....but a great thought!!!

I thought maybe we had a secret alias thing going on. Scot and Mike were one in the same......yeah that's the ticket.......Scot shaves when he does the Mike routine......yeah that's it! :) :)

My comment about Mike's letter as having 'no content' was only an opinion that there was no content for me. I knew from previous discussions that Scot and Mike were friends and had been a subscriber for a long time. Scot's is still my all-time favorite, barring none. Glad the unsubscribe problem was corrected. :)

Thanks, Fox Hunter. I think we all understand. I really appreciate your posting it. It was the first I heard of it. Emails began showing up later that same day, but the forum proved a new worth to me right there in your message. And, I'm glad I'm your favorite!

I guess this was off topic... Sorry!
Dick, don't apologize! Nothing is off-topic here in The Water Cooler. Say what you will (that isn't rude). This place is for fun.-- Scot