New version of Mozilla

Prelude76

What's New in Mozilla 1.4 RC 1    * Mozilla on Windows now has support for NTLM authentication. This enables Mozilla to talk to MS web and proxy servers that are configured to use "windows integrated security".    * Mozilla's bookmarks have been overhauled. Bookmarks now include a root level folder, the ability to have two differently named bookmarks pointing at the same location, site icons in the Bookmark Manager and Bookmarks Sidebar, and separators now have support for labels.    * Composer now supports click and drag dynamic image and table resizing. If an image is selected or if the caret is placed inside a table, eight resizing handles appear and allow to resize the image/table with a simple click/drag/release. In the case of an image, the resizing is done real-time and a semi-opaque shadow of the image at its target size is shown during resizing. A tooltip shows in real-time the target size in pixels, and the relative change in pixels too.    * Mozilla now has smooth scrolling. It is disabled by default. To enable it, use about:config to add the boolean preference general.smoothScroll with a value of true. To disable smooth scrolling, set the value of the pref to false.    * Mail now has junk-mail context menu items, a "delete junk mail" menu item and many other usability improvements for junk-mail controls.    * Pop-up blocking has been streamlined to improve usability.    * Users can now specify "blank page," "home page," or "Last page visited" for each of first window, new window and new tab.    * Users can now specify default font, size and color for HTML compose.    * Image blocking/disabling is now more flexible and users can "view image" to see blocked or not loaded images.    * Mozilla now has CRAM-MD5 and DIGEST-MD5 AUTH support for SMTP    * "Launch file" after downloading has been enabled for .exe files    * As of Mozilla 1.4b, it is possible to build Mozilla for Win32 using GCC. See the win32 build instructions for details.    * Proxy auto-config (PAC) failover has been implemented    * Mozilla 1.4 contains thousands of bugfixes, including changes to improve performance, stability, web site compatability, standards support, and usability.
http://www.mozilla.org/releases/I can't wait for final Mozilla 1.4. it's gonna be a beautee :D of course the best will be Mozilla 1.5 or 1.6, where Phoenix gets blended into the code. but i'll just wait for now. this 1.4 mozilla looks rock solid, IMO. been using 1.4b for a while now, not a single crash/bug.

using it nowlet me say this: enable the general.smoothScroll=true in about:config !!wicked smooth scrolling, just like in IE :D :D

ok, just some thoughts about Mozilla 1.4 RC1. D***!!!!!i know a lot of you choose Phoenix/Firebird because of speed, but i just did several tests on Mozilla 1.4RC1 loads aprox as fast as Phoenix!! the older mozillas (even 1.4b) took about 4 to 5 seconds to load on this P4 i'm on (XP SP1). 1.4RC1 takes about 2 seconds. Phoenix takes about 1.5 to 2 seconds (varies), but its in classic skin while i have Modern skin in mozilla. still, 2 seconds every time!anyone else FEEL its way faster?p.s. - Mozilla.org wants to make 1.4 the next Milestone (and its gonna blow IE out of water in its current stage). 1.5 and above will begin integrating Phoenix code into Mozilla, FYI.

Neat stuff! Glad to hear they've improved on the load times... It'll sure be interesting to see how the integration with Firebird goes... Hope they get it right! <_< Haven't messed with Mozilla yet (other a little bit in Mandrake), but may have to download it and see how it works :D

nlinecomputers
anyone else FEEL its way faster?
I felt that the 1.4 beta was loading faster then 1.3 builds ever did. I don't see any difference in the RC1 and the beta. I'm using an orbit skin btw.

anyone else FEEL its way faster?
I felt that the 1.4 beta was loading faster then 1.3 builds ever did. I don't see any difference in the RC1 and the beta. I'm using an orbit skin btw.
oops, i just access my brain memory (must be defective no-name chips up there <_< ) and i never used 1.4b. last version i used was 1.3.

Strange... just downloaded it, but it won't connect! I tried re-downloading and reinstalling (never know if something was corrupted), but it loads up fine, but will not find a single webpage...EDIT - Being stupid... for some reason ZA didn't pop up and ask me if this program could use the net... had to just go in an manually add it and now it works :) Had to do the same thing with the new version of t-bird.