• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 20,700 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Awww... I ain't got ona' dem thar fancy mobeel desktops. Oh, wait... howsa' bout dis here one?

Posted Image

It ain't ona' dem iThings, though. :(

#52 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

I can't afford them either Eric. I got my iPhone 4S on a two-year contract for $99. ;)
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#53 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 20,700 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Yup. This is about as fancy as I get when it comes to gadgets...

my Motorola W175G TracFone

Posted Image

It's a neat little phone. I like it a lot. :)

#54 OFFLINE   sunrat

sunrat

Thread Kahuna

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

My Samsung Galaxy S2. Not rooted, no apps installed, but it makes great phone calls and gets over 7 days on battery charge!
Posted Image

I only got it because I needed to upgrade my mobile contract to a $30/month plan to get a 25% discount on cable internet (plus $7 for the phone). I was only on a $29 plan with my trusty Nokia 6233. So $8 more for phone, $18 less for broadband. Good deal! :thumbsup: B)
registered Linux user number 324659  || The importance of Reading The *Fine* Manual! :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageKXStudio
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.

#55 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 20,700 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Show off! ;)

#56 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,389 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

Just my new Nexus 4 rooted:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#57 OFFLINE   therock247uk

therock247uk

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

/me wonders how to get a screeny of his blackberry lol

#58 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

How to take a screen shot of the BlackBerry smartphone using the "loader.exe" tool - KB18982 - Blackberry.com

Environment: BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.7 to 7.0

Overview

To take a screen shot of the active display on a BlackBerry® smartphone, complete the following steps:

   Option 1:

Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.

For computers using a 32-bit version of Windows, type:
cd c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader

For computers using a 64-bit version of Windows, type:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader

To save a screen shot to the root of the C Drive, type:
loader.exe /screenshot c:\screenshot1.bmp

If there is a password on the BlackBerry smartphone, a screen will appear asking for the password of the BlackBerry smartphone.

Type the password used to unlock the BlackBerry smartphone and press ENTER

Note: Some Windows operating systems require the command prompt to be run as administrator to allow this functionality.

Note: Even though the command specifies to save to C:\ , on some Windows Vista and Windows 7 computers, the screen shot is sometimes saved at the following location:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Apploader                                                 
Option 2:

For BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1 -7.0.

1.  Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.

2.  Open BlackBerry Desktop Software, if there is a password on the BlackBerry smartphone, a screen will appear asking for the password of the BlackBerry smartphone. Type the password used to unlock the BlackBerry smartphone and press ENTER.  Once the BlackBerry is connected to the BlackBerry Desktop Software select the Question Mark icon in the top right corner of the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

3. Select Support Resources then Support Tools.  Then select the Generate tab under Generate Support Log.  Once the logs are generated select the Blue Link, Browse to log files.

The screen will be located amongst the Support logs.

That stinks. No wonder they lost to out to Apple and Android!
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#59 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Hope their new Blackberry devices do better than that!
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#60 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Wait, CNET has a nice tutorial with some pics:

How to take a screenshot on a BlackBerry smartphone - CNET

Taking screenshots on your BlackBerry smartphone can come in handy in a variety of situations, whether you're trying to show a friend something on your phone or you're troubleshooting but don't know how to explain what exactly is happening. This simple tutorial shows you how to take a screenshot.

Edited by LilBambi, 23 February 2013 - 07:32 PM.

Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#61 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,389 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

On Android all you have to do is click the power and volume down button at the same time to take a screenshot.

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#62 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

With iOS, you just old the Power/Sleep button and the home Button at the same time.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#63 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,389 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

This is the most customized setup I have ever made on a phone. I swipe up for the app menu and swipe down for the notification menu.

Posted Image

#64 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

Very cool!
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#65 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,389 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Too many people were using the same exact theme I had so I changed it:

Posted Image

#66 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

This one is very classy anyway. ;)
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#67 OFFLINE   therock247uk

therock247uk

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

here is my blackberry pretty standard at the moment though with just a changed theme.

Posted Image

#68 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Posted Image

Jailbroken iPhone with the Fullscreen Lockscreen Winterboard theme.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#69 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,509 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Adam, I love it and Michael is a doll!

Rocky, great job on getting the obtuse method of  screen capture done on your Blackberry! Nicely done.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#70 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,389 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Device: Nexus 4 16gb
Carrier: AT&T
ROM: Stock 4.2.2 Rooted
Theme: Stock
Launcher: Holo Launcher HD (unlocked) (swipe up for app drawer and swipe down for Notification)
Icons: SimpleText for desktop icons / Stock app icons
Widgets: Conky? for Widget+ / Other pages include APW Google Reader, APW Twitter, APW Messaging, My Library and Gmail
Wallpaper: http://i.imgur.com/xuVXbhl.jpg
Link to full image: http://i.imgur.com/Pa2CZkR.png

Posted Image

Device: Nexus 7 8gb
ROM: Stock 4.2.2 Rooted
Launcher: Holo Launcher HD (unlocked)
Icons: SimpleText for desktop folders / Glasklart Go Apex theme
Widgets: Conky? for Widget+, Network Signal Info  / Other pages include APW Google Reader, APW Twitter, My Library and Gmail
Wallpaper: http://i.imgur.com/9JKAaY4.jpg
Link to full image: http://i.imgur.com/9JKAaY4.jpg

Posted Image

#71 OFFLINE   tforsman

tforsman

Message Mogul

• Linux Devs
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII
ROM: Neatgen 4.2.1

Posted Image
Foresight | Blog | I've heard: When the RedHat developers present new packages to Linux User-Group, before the meeting is over,Foresight people will have downloaded the source, created a Foresight package, uploaded it,and it will be available for anyone to use.

#72 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,389 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

Very nice Tomas!!!

#73 OFFLINE   tforsman

tforsman

Message Mogul

• Linux Devs
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

I never manage to setup my phone too much, always ends up with testing other ROMS and I usually start from a clean phone.
Kinda happy with NeatRom. (wrote wrong name earlier)
Foresight | Blog | I've heard: When the RedHat developers present new packages to Linux User-Group, before the meeting is over,Foresight people will have downloaded the source, created a Foresight package, uploaded it,and it will be available for anyone to use.

#74 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,389 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

Mmmm minimal :drooling:

Posted Image

I have widgets and such on my other 6 screens but I like my main homescreen to be clutter free. B)

#75 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,389 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Neat wallpaper I found for my Nexus 7:

Posted Image

Wallpaper:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users