Request

Stryder

Hi everyone. I just wanted to ask that when people post PC problems here, if one of the suggestions people give you solves your problem or if you come up with one on your own, please make a follow up post in the same thread letting us know what the solution to your problem was. As this forum grows you may end up quickly helping countless others who had the same or similar problem that you had.Thanks everyone, Stryder

... Please make a follow up post in the same thread letting us know what the solution to your problem was.
I second Stryder's motion, folks. It is possible to "Track this Topic" by clicking the link with that name at the bottom of the page. When your topic is updated, you'll get an email, so you'll know to come back. And you can turn it off in "My Controls," under the Subscriptions header on the lower left. Please do that if you don't think you'll be back right away.It may help you too, because sometimes other users will need to ask you questions in order to get at the right answer. :rolleyes: -- Scot

Guest Paracelsus

Add my third!!!One of most frustrating things encountered on a "Software Specific" Forum I participate in, is when one takes the time and effort to help troubleshoot another members problem, and the original poster never replies as to whether the advice/suggestion/approach did any good or not. :rolleyes: ;) (Arena2045 co-Admins that BB, so he knows this even better than myself)One is left wondering if they were just SOOOO happy to have their problem solved that they forgot about a post back... Or if it didn't work at all, and they're Ticked.A reply that something didn't work, especially when troubleshooting a peculiar or unique problem, is every bit as valuable as knowing that something did.In the latter, you have a thread you can refer to in future, if the same situation arisesIn the former, you are relatively sure the approach is one not worth repeating.

And a fourth --Additionally, it always helps if the system specifications are included in the post. It saves a lot of back and forth and eliminates delays in obtaining a satisfactory problem resolution. Many posters find it convenient to include the information in their signature.Jim