WinPatrol 19.3 Issues and Solutions

Corrine

In my rounds at various forums as well as what I ran into with this update, it appears that most of the problems incurred with WinPatrol v19.3 are a result of the previous version not completely uninstalling. (My apology for the link to my blog post. There are a lot of images and multiple sites where people were having issues.)See WinPatrol 19.3 Issues and Solutions.

Whoa, I'm still on v18 of Plus on both PC's (WIN7 Pro 64bit on one and WIN7Pro 32bit on the other). Should I uninstall v18 and then D/L and install v19.3 on the 64bit PC, or use the "upgrade version" button from the Plus tab and trust Scottie to correctly uninstall the old version?Thanks for the update and warning Corrine. :thumbsup:

Hi, Mac.I don't know if uninstalling v18 first will avoid the duplicate WinPatrol installation experienced in v19.3. It is worth a try. Just don't run CCleaner with the pre-checked WinPatrol cleanup option. It will remove the data files that retain history and other options and the RegCleaner will remove PLUS code registration information. After you update, check the WinPatrol PLUS tab to be sure you have v 19.3.2010.0:19.3.2010.0 and only one entry in add/remove programs.

I ran the v19.3 download after exiting WinPatrol from the System Tray. After the install finished the Plus tab showed the new v19.3. However, when I looked in Programs and Features, both versions showed. So I exited WinPatrol again, uninstalled v18 which appeared to be successful, and then tried to run WinPatrol from the Start button. WinPatrol was nowhere to be seen (though in hindsight, I forgot to check the Program Files (x86) folder). So I went back to Programs and Features and uninstalled v19.3 and restarted the PC. Installed v19.3 and Scottie is again patrolling my PC. :hysterical: Thanks for the headsup and solution on your blog!

Two of my computers had v17 and one had v18. I did not uninstall anything. I just clicked the Check for new WinPatrol button and installed. One version 17 is paid, the other is free. The version 18 is paid. All are running on computers with XP installed. All updated perfectly.Thanks for mentioning the CCleaner entry. I was not aware of that. So I looked and sure enough it was checked to clean.