Linkedin bought by MS

lewmur

I guess everyone has heard by now that MS bought Linkedin. For some reason a lot of user had problems logging in shortly after the news was released. Could it be that, like myself, a lot of user were trying to logon to close their accounts? I'm retired and really only joined because I was asked to by several family members. Watching their activities is all I ever did on the network.

I quit Skype when MS bought it and I used it for years as my "home phone". I have far less need for Linkedin. I just don't like co.s like MS controlling communications or social networks. Yes, and I'm the guy that said Apple should decrypt terrorist's phones.

Edited by lewmur

securitybreach

Well I will continue to stay a member as that is how I got into my current career. They contacted me with a job offer from looking at my skill set on Linkedln.

Well I will continue to stay a member as that is how I got into my current career. They contacted me with a job offer from looking at my skill set on Linkedln.

Yes, I realize its importance as a "career tool". I pretty much admitted that when I stated I was "retired" and therefore free to abandon the network.

edit: Actually, that is one of the things that disturbs me most about the situation. A lot of the members of Linkedin ARE "locked in' but had no say in the ownership transfer. After all, the members of Linkedin are its greatest asset by far but had no voice in the sellout.

Edited by lewmur
  • Like 1

securitybreach

Yes, I realize its importance as a "career tool". I pretty much admitted that when I stated I was "retired" and therefore free to abandon the network.

Understandable :thumbsup: