Massive Manjaro Upgrade

raymac46

Must have been patch Tuesday over in Manjaro land. I received a massive upgrade of over 600 MB and 170 packages.

This is the sort of thing I dread in a VBox installation as something is sure to break. However I have Manjaro installed for real on my Toshiba netbook, and with its speedy new SSD things went fast and the reboot was smooth and problem free.

securitybreach

I think I like the Arch approach better - you get more frequent updates but not as many at once.

Plus there is no delay on the security updates... ;)

Indeed. Over on the Debian side there's been nothing for 3 days, plus it still uses LibreOffice 4 and Python 3.4.2. Not that that's a problem, but I did get used to being on the cutting edge of things (and I am a bit worried about security issues).

securitybreach

Indeed. Over on the Debian side there's been nothing for 3 days, plus it still uses LibreOffice 4 and Python 3.4.2. Not that that's a problem, but I did get used to being on the cutting edge of things (and I am a bit worried about security issues).

You have nothing to worry about with Debian as they thoroughly test the security and stability of the applications. You may not get the latest version of software but you can guarantee that you get the most stable environment and they do keep up with all the security patches. So you are good.

You have nothing to worry about with Debian as they thoroughly test the security and stability of the applications. You may not get the latest version of software but you can guarantee that you get the most stable environment and they do keep up with all the security patches. So you are good.

Good to hear... Thank you.

securitybreach

Good to hear... Thank you.

And that is why it takes so long to get a new release of Debian.

• Like 1