Desktop Roulette

raymac46

I've decided to change things around on my older netbooks based on their memory capacity.

On the brutal 1 GB Dell Mini 12 I went with AntiX IceWM-Rox. It's stable, lightweight and works OK with the BCM4312 wifi and Poulsbro video. (Ecch!)

On the Acer Aspire One AO110L I upgraded to a breathtaking 1.5 GB of RAM I installed Manjaro Xfce. It'll be fine with that netbook's real Intel video and Atheros wifi chipset. I may rethink this and go with Manjaro LXQt. We'll see.

It's fun to have old junk that you don't care about breaking.

Edited by raymac46
  • Like 1

OK I have now installed Manjaro LXQt on the Acer Aspire machine. Very nice. Posting now from Midori.

• Like 1

Hedon James

OK I have now installed Manjaro LXQt on the Acer Aspire machine. Very nice. Posting now from Midori.

How about an LXQt RAM reading for the DE thread? We have no LXQT readings, so you'll be the benchmark for that DE!

EDIT: Nevermind, you already posted it! You da man Ray! Thanks!

Edited by Hedon James
  • Like 1

Guest LilBambi

My Jim swore by ICEWm and he used it on all lesser machines. KDE on better machines.

I prefer KDE on better machines and xfce on lesser ones, although if it's a computer I don't need to configure much, I may go with LXDE (like a netbook).