Link to repository of them: https://gitlab.com/jstpcs/lnxpcs
17 Views · 1 Replies ( Last reply by V.T. Eric Layton )
It dawned on me that in one way or other I've had Samsung "stuff" around for close to 35 years - probably as long as they have been in Canada. Mind you I got more of it in the last 10 than in the first 25. They got better, and maybe I got a bit richer. Anyway here's a capsule history:
- CD player - 1984. This was my first entry into digital music. The Japanese equipment was very expensive so I took a chance on this unknown Korean maker. The laser failed soon after I bought it though - Samsung fixed it under warranty. It still works but it's mothballed in the basement somewhere.
- 19 inch HDTV - 2007. I had to replace an old JVC CRT that fit in an entertainment center and the Samsung was the right size. It still works great even though it's 720p.
- 37 inch TV - 2009. My main TV and it's been super. I hope it keeps on forever because it's the perfect size for the corner of my family room. It's a dumb TV but has lots of inputs for Roku, DVD , cable etc.
- Blu-ray DVD player - 2010. It's a Samsung. It works. Nuff said.
- Wait for it - refrigerator - 2014. My Maytag died and I needed something fast. This Samsung has double doors, lots of room, freezer on the bottom and of course it fits in the space in the kitchen.
- 8-inch tablet -2018. As I said very nice.
30 Views · 4 Replies ( Last reply by raymac46 )
If Java is still installed on your computer, it is recommended that this update be applied as soon as possible due to the threat posed by a successful attack.
Java SE 8u181
Java SE 10.0.2 (x64-bit only)
Note: UNcheck any pre-checked toolbar and/or software options presented with the update. They are not part of the software update and are completely optional. Preferably, see the instructions below on how to handle "Unwanted Extras".
Oracle Java SE Risk Matrix
Large repo of original Linux art
securitybreach - Yesterday, 05:29 PM
35 years with Samsung
raymac46 - Yesterday, 09:23 AM
Oracle Java™ Critical Security Updates Released
Corrine - Jul 18 2018 08:22 AM
Fresh Install Of Slackware
mhbell - Jul 17 2018 09:59 PM
New Code Submitted to Allow Man to Replace His Own Mother With Systemd
securitybreach - Jul 17 2018 06:30 PM
Pale Moon Version 27.9.4
Corrine - Jul 17 2018 08:00 AM
More Diverging Technology
raymac46 - Jul 16 2018 07:21 AM
ebrke - Jul 14 2018 06:37 PM
Arch Linux - News: libutf8proc>=2.1.1-3 update requires manual int
securitybreach - Jul 14 2018 01:02 PM
Linux GPU Gaming Benchmarks July 2018
abarbarian - Jul 14 2018 05:35 AM
twitter still has not solved their 'you are who you say you are
crp - Jul 12 2018 12:31 AM
raymac46 - Jul 10 2018 09:58 PM
Microsoft Security Updates for July, 2018
Corrine - Jul 10 2018 02:13 PM
Adobe Flash Player Critical Security Update
Corrine - Jul 10 2018 01:13 PM
Adobe Reader DC and Acrobat DC Critical Security Updates Released
Corrine - Jul 10 2018 10:55 AM