Celebrating another anniversary

rolanaj

I was thinking that it might be fun to have a competition to celebrate our anniversary. We have a lot of realy creative people here at Scots forum what about a friendly competition to design a commemorative wallpaper to celebrate the occasion?

It sounds like a great idea to little ol' uncreative me. Maybe we can talk Arena2045 into adapting one of his excellent wallpapers for the occasion...(hint, hint) :happyroll:

. . . . . Excellent idea Rolana . . . . Made a little series of 3 . . . B). . . . . 117251227_c43b0951f2_m.jpg <-- Click to enlarge. . . . . The Rosette Nebula. . . . . 117251228_deedfc7c1a_m.jpg <-- Click to enlarge. . . . . The Omega Nebula. . . . . 117251229_5652bc1a50_m.jpg <-- Click to enlarge. . . . . The Helix Nebula All pictures from NOAO ( National Optical Astronomy Observatory ) downloaded with the Kstar program that makes part of the KDE kdeedu package and available on all Linux distros ;)B) Bruno

. . . . . My personal favorite up to now . . . :P . . . ( And the last one ). . . . . 117251230_bfe6b2fa27_m.jpg <-- Click to enlarge. . . . . The Planetary Nebula - Hubble TelescopeAlso from Kstars in KDE . . . . . . and a little Gimp . . . . :P :P Bruno

All are fantastic looking Bruno, but the Helix and Planetary Nebuli (is the the plural of Nebula) look too much like an eye to me. I would really get the feeling the Sir Bill was staring at me!!!

Great shots bruno...Not to stray from the topic idea but i think it's a shame they are not going to support Hubble anymore. Certainly a loss of a great resource.patio. :P

Thanks Zlim and Patio . . . but I was just trying to kickstart this thread that stayed unanswered for so long . . . I was hoping that more people would start making SNLF wallpapers after they did see a few simple examples ;):D BrunoPS: Zlim . . . if Sir Bill is giving you nightmares . . . maybe it is time to have a look at Linux ??