Mozilla Firefox 33.0 Released with Security Updates

Corrine

Mozilla sent Firefox Version 33.0 to the release channel. The update does includes three Critical, four High and two moderate security updates.

Mozilla Firefox Release Notes

Security Updates

To get the update now, select "Help" from the Firefox menu at the upper left of the browser window, then pick "About Firefox." Mac users need to select "About Firefox" from the Firefox menu.

When translations are complete, Fully Localized Versions will be available.

• 2 weeks later...

There was an update on October 24 to version 33.0.1 to fix an issue where Firefox displayed a black screen at start-up with certain graphics drivers. Along comes today with yet another update to version 33.0.2 to fix a startup crash with some combination of hardware and drivers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another update. Isn't it time Mozilla took a closer look at their "Rapid Release Program"? Three updates in 24 days, all relating to hardware and driver issues caused by the updates.

1. Version 33.0 released: October 13, 2014

2. Version 33.0.1 released: October 24, 2014

• 33.0.1: Firefox displays a black screen at start-up with certain graphics drivers

3. Version 33.0.2 released: October 28, 2014

• 33.0.2: Fix a startup crash with some combination of hardware and drivers

4. Version 33.0.3 released: November 6, 2014

• 33.0.3: Blacklisted graphics drivers that were causing black screens with OMTC enabled (1093863)
  • 33.0.3 Fix two startup crashes with some combination of hardware and drivers (1064107 and 1021265)

Guest LilBambi

Yes, it is a bit fast of a 'rapid release program'.

I still use Firefox for some things, but it's no longer my mainstream browser and hasn't been since they started this crap and still hadn't fixed the memory hole.

Mozilla sent Firefox Version 33.1 to the release channel. The update includes a number of new items and lists several known issues.

Mozilla Firefox Release Notes

Edit to add: It appears that this update is to celebrate 10 years of Firefox. It seems a rather artificial celebration since evolution of the name to Firefox was based on a trademark dispute and brand confusion. (Yes, I started with Phoenix (2002), renamed Firebird (2003) and finally Firefox (2004). Having become disenchanted with the "Rapid Release Program", I have changed to Pale Moon as my primary browser.)

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

I also started with I started with Phoenix (2002), renamed Firebird (2003) and finally Firefox (2004) so saying 10 yrs is just a slap in the face for all of us that Beta Tested Phoenix and Firebird before they changed the name. :(