American Mary (2012)

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Hey all you twisted weirdos out there, and I mean that in a nice way...

Here's a movie that I'm definitely considering adding to my 5 weirdest darn movies that I've ever seen list:

American Mary (2012)

@ imdb --> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1959332/?ref_=ttcnn_ql

Not for feint of heart. Not for squeamish. Not for morally uptight Puritan religious folks. Not for children. Maybe not even for relatively normal people. ;)

Got you curious now, huh? Yeah, all those warnings just make me want to watch movies like this even more.

Watch it if you dare...

V.T. Eric Layton

Rug Hooker over on my board asked me where in the world I found this movie. This was my reply to her...

I found it on this list:

http://www.rollingst...-unsee-20131025

It wasn't particularly scary, but it was bloody and weird. The REALLY weird part is that people actually do submit to radical cosmetic surgery in order to "customize" their appearance. It's considered art, like tattooing and piercing; just to an extreme.

See this Google Image search for samples, if you dare. You can't UNSEE some of this stuff. You've been warned.

https://www.google.c...iw=1680&bih=934

Heed the warnings. ;)

Guest LilBambi

OK, movies you can't un-see...

Pinhead/Hellraiser movies were like that and Freddy Krueger movies were like that. As well as Last House on the Left was like that.

Think I will pass on this one.

V.T. Eric Layton

Fran,

American Mary isn't anywhere near as gruesome as Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original) or the Saw series of movies. It's disturbing mostly because it has to do with surgical procedures and icky body modifications and the like. If you watch it, you'll probably find yourself cheering for anti-hero/victim Mary as she carries out her personal vendetta against someone who wronged her very severely. However, Mary does go a bit over the edge in the process. ;)

You should be aware that are two versions of Last House on the Left - the original Wes Craven 1972 version and a 2009 remake. The remake is pretty good as far as remakes go.

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

Fran,

American Mary isn't anywhere near as gruesome as Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original) or the Saw series of movies. It's disturbing mostly because it has to do with surgical procedures and icky body modifications and the like. If you watch it, you'll probably find yourself cheering for anti-hero/victim Mary as she carries out her personal vendetta against someone who wronged her very severely. However, Mary does go a bit over the edge in the process. ;)

I forgot about Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies ... haven't seen them ... intentionally. ;)

You should be aware that are two versions of Last House on the Left - the original Wes Craven 1972 version and a 2009 remake. The remake is pretty good as far as remakes go.

Yes, the original is the one I was referring to. Haven't seen the remake. I might have to see that one.

V.T. Eric Layton

I watched the remake of Last House On the Left the other night. It was OK. I'm glad I didn't spend $75 on a date for dinner and movie to see it, though. The title doesn't even make sense for this remake. It should have been Last Vacation House at the End of the Dirt Road In the Forest. ;)

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton